The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning all, Tom, our weather-people must have gone to the same school as yours did. We were suppose to be in the 90's, we hit 102 once again. We're suppose to be in the 90's for another week. The only thing they got right is no rain. Today they say a 1% chance of rain. That's when they set off a large flock of pigeons that fly around town.

As for gas, we've hit $5.00 a gallon in a lot of places, Scottsdale is worse, I see up to $5.39 there. How can that be, other remote parts of Arizona are still in the $3.50 range. You cannot tell me that it's cheaper to haul gas up to Bullhead City than it is to pipe it to Phoenix. This is madness.

Been going to Walmart for groceries, seems like the people who price tag the shelves can't keep up with those who change the register prices. I usually just let it go if it's a few cents difference, but for instance, peaches were $1.98  pound in produce,  but $2.28 at checkout and I had around 4 or 5#. She needed a manager to make the change at self-check so I said I didn't want them. A week later, same thing, this time I went to a regular checkout and she made the change. It's an insult to the customer, plus pure profit for Walmart. Think about it, suppose they only sell 100# in a day in that store, that's $140 they have cheated customers out of in a week, just on this one product. Now, if all 10,500 stores had the same discrepancy, that could mean $1,470,000 in extra profit just on peaches. Could only be a few stores with peaches, maybe other products in other stores are mispriced, and most folks don't pay attention at checkout.

That's my grumbling for the day. Have a great day everyone and of course, stay safe.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by ezdays - 09-20-2023, 06:36 AM