The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning folks

It is 67 and going up to 73.

It has been a hectic week. I have been logging in a bunch of overtime. They closed a portion of the Schuylkill River Trail last week for 14 weeks. The contractor has to have it reopened by January 1, 2024. The first step is to install a 20- to 30-foot-high wood lagging wall to hold up the trail while the contractor constructs the foundations for the bulkhead walls and the walls themselves. They drilled the casings last week are installing the lagging during the day and during the overtime they are excavating for the next layer so the lagging can be installed the next day. Tonight for overtime we will be doing storm preparations as Tropical Storm Ophelia will be visiting.

I had an appointment with the cardiologist yesterday. Everything was good. I need to get an echocardiogram since it has been many, many years since my last one. If everything is fine on the echocardiogram, I don’t have to see her for a year.

The overtime and doctor’s visit killed anything getting done around the house this week. I did get to run some trains and I will post the results later.

The weekend appears to be a washout with Tropical Storm Ophelia coming by. I guess we will do some small inside home projects and/or some heavy-duty cleaning. Then there is always the laundry. I have a couple of mums to plant, and I may try to do so when I get home from work tonight.

I really need to think about what I do next on the layout since all of the mainline is tacked down and wired. I could ballast. I could work on the roads in the city. I could build another structure. I have some cars to tune up and some new Accurail kits to build.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 09-22-2023, 09:19 AM