The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good evening folks

It has been a nutty day and I am only now getting a chance to sit down and respond.

I had to get an X-ray of my right hip to see what has been causing the pain the last few weeks. Apparently, the femur is misshapen where it goes into the hip. Since I cannot take Motrin due to other medication, I take I am limited in what I can take for pain. Treatment options are therapy, injection, or hip replacement. We have tried therapy with little success in the past so injection is the most likely way to go. I guess I will be scheduling it for after I get home from vacation.

Getting to work was a treat. The Schuykill Expressway (I-76) was screwed up so I thought I would take Route 23. Then I found Route 23 was detoured. Then I found the detour was detoured. Once I thought I was in the clear I was detoured again. All this fun doubled my time back to work.

As far as the six workers injured last week, we have heard a little information. Four are in critical condition. The one who was injured the least will be in the hospital for at least one to two months. The other three are looking at hospital stays for up to six months. The final two are in intensive care and have undergone multiple surgeries and are under heavy sedation. We are saying prayers for them and their families.

This weekend we got most of the Halloween decorations done. I got a good amount of the laundry finished. We made trips to PetSmart, the grocery store, and the pharmacy. The pharmacy was the big issue as we needed to get my wife’s medication before our trip. One medication, mounjaro, is extremely difficult to get right now thanks to doctors improperly prescribing it for weight loss instead of its intended use which is for diabetes management which has resulted in a nationwide shortage. However, today we were finally able to come up with a solution that will give her enough through our vacation.

I did manage to put away the rolling stock pieces I wanted to. I cleaned off the workbench in preparation for the next project which I still need to select.

The next few days will be spent finishing packing and other vacation preparations.

I hope everybody has a good evening.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 10-09-2023, 05:32 PM