The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning folks

It is 46 at the moment. High will be 47. This will be the warmest day this week as temperatures will be in the mid-thirties.

I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving. Our dinner came out better than expected. No issues with the turkey cooking. We finally figured out that the temperature displayed on the oven is about 75 degrees higher than the actual oven temperature. Our side dishes were delicious, and my daughter’s made from scratch pumpkin pie and chocolate pecan pie were the hit of the day.

Unfortunately, the overnight was not good. My wife had a major asthma attack that required a call to 911 as her rescue inhalers and nebulizer were not helping. After a four-hour visit to the ER, she was better and able to come home. She has been getting better each day, but the medication is driving her blood sugar up. After she was settled in and with both kids home, I had to go into work to finish up a bunch of paperwork. So no Black Friday shopping for us.

Saturday, we drove to Bethlehem to the site of the old Bethlehem Steel Mill now called Steel Stacks for the Christkindlmarkt. My wife, my daughter, and I had a good time walking around and shopping. Each of us was able to knock a few things off our gift lists. We stopped for a nice dinner on the way home.

Sunday was spent around the house. While my wife and daughter went out to Target and Dollar Tree my son and I brought the outdoor tables in and set them up in the attic and brought the potted plants in from the garage and put them on the tables. I also began taking down the Thanksgiving decorations. I made the turkey noodle soup from the leftovers. Later my daughter set up the Christmas tree, so the cats and dog get over their curiosity of it.

I did not do much modeling. I began inventorying my unbuilt kits and I put away a number of cars that had been sitting on the layout.

Today for dinner my daughter will use the last of the turkey to make jambalaya. I hope to put the Thanksgiving decoration bins away and start on the Christmas decorations. I will continue inventorying the unbuilt kits.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 11-27-2023, 09:05 AM