The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good afternoon. 

I got a gift in the mail from my friend and KJR engineer yesterday. I had asked him for pictures of an O gauge box car that was gifted to us in 2000 and instead he sent me the car and told me to keep it.  I want to make one in HO for my layout.  I spent the biggest part of yesterday making the logos and details for a decal sheet.  I did the print this morning and I will spray the decals with clear tomorrow allowing plenty of time for the ink to dry.     

The story is in 2000 a local hobby shop in Kittanning, Pa had a run of O gauge box cars done to celebrate the Armstrong County (PA) Bicentennial. He gave me a car and I just had to make a model of it so I painted the X29 box car we had to honor his work so here we actually have a 12 inch = 1 foot model of a 1/48 box car. This is the car that DrWayne modeled as it would have looked in the 40's and is now at the East Broad Top. Here is the logo that I was able to create      The rest should be easy. 

It is currently 42° and cloudy with warmer weather coming for the week end.  I have lived long enough that I know we will pay for this warm weather sooner or later. I remember all too well the winters in the late 70's and with todays fuel prices there will be a lot of folks suffering when that weather returns. 

NS announced that the assisted living will be cut off in February. We still have 100 families living out of town afraid to go back to their homes but with free room and meals I can see why that might be an incentive to stay away. My grand kids returned as soon as the order was lifted so they have had to pay their own way.  Most of these folks are in rentals and they are all over town. 

I will try to do a little outside work this afternoon, as soon as the daily dose of Gunsmoke has aired.   Icon_e_biggrin

Charlie

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by Charlie B - 12-07-2023, 11:39 AM