The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good Morning All, Well all the snow has melted which isn't a big surprise. Today will consist of some more work being done and the C&I SW9 engine. More modifications need to be made to get it to look more like the prototype. Last night I took the handrails off, added "new" ones, a different bell and painted the exhaust pipes in between watching the Giants-Packers game lol. Below is a progress picture and also the donor unit that some parts are coming off of. The girlfriend isn't too happy about the donor unit but I have other plans for it in the future. It is a chilly day today so what better way to spend the day sitting inside working on trains right? What does everyone use to stripe the decals off of paint? I have seen a few different solutions but I am trying to not destroy the paint job that is on the plastic shell.

Attached Files Image(s)

Matt
I can smell a steam post ten blocks away and when I do clear the tracks because the steam express will be hi ballin through
http://cambriaindiana.weebly.com/

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by LiveSteamer - 12-12-2023, 07:58 AM