The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Well as if today was going to well for me, I had the train running under the christmas tree and all of a sudden I hear this loud winding noise. I run into the living room to find the my train ground to a halt and the engine just sitting there running and not moving. Here the rear end motor truck was just turning and not really moving the wheels. Turns out the gears got worn down on the worm gear and looks like a little wear and tear on the gear in the truck. A simple fix to say the least. Can't go to the local hobby shop tomorrow as they are closed so I will go monday to get the parts I need to fix it. So right now my PRR SD9 was called into service to pull the train for the night and tomorrow. 

The SW9 was bought second hand which you all know things can go wrong even things go wrong with brand new locomotives. Ah well, this will test me at how good I can fix something as I also found the problem with the K4s that I have also.
Matt
I can smell a steam post ten blocks away and when I do clear the tracks because the steam express will be hi ballin through
http://cambriaindiana.weebly.com/

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by LiveSteamer - 12-16-2023, 09:07 PM