The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning folks

It is 52 and our high is supposed to be 59. It is raining heavily as has been since yesterday afternoon. Currently we have gotten over 2 inches of rain with close to another inch coming. I have not been out to the job site yet, but I can imagine what it looks like as the Schuylkill River is now under a Flood Warning.

On Saturday things did not go as planned. My wife’s knees were bothering her to the point where she canceled going out. My daughter did go out to Five and Below to grab some things for the family in need. She came home and said it was a good my wife did not go as it was crazy. After my daughter got home, I ran to the produce store and the grocery store. During the day I managed to get a few loads of wash done. I started painting the details on the walls of the Ashmore Hotel. I also put away a bunch of rolling stock that was sitting on the layout.

Sunday, my wife felt better and her my daughter went out. They went to Walgreens, Target, and Micheals to get the last of the supplies they needed for the family in need’s Christmas package. I did a few more loads of laundry and cleaned the Guinea Pigs’ cage. I ran to Micheal’s to get some new paint brushes as mine were either worn out or missing. I continued painting the details for the walls. I realized I was not thrilled with the color of the walls after painting the mortar. They are too dark. I experimented with a couple of methods, and I think I have the one that works.

I checked the basement before leaving for work and there is some water. I will be cleaning up after I get home tonight. Maybe I will have time to get back to the hotel walls.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 12-18-2023, 06:42 AM