The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Happy Christmas Eve, gang.

Cloudy and relatively warm here in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. Currently 49 degrees with a predicted high in the mid 50s. 100% chance of rain today, tonight, and tomorrow. Could get as much as 2 inches. No shoveling and no white Christmas. I'm definitely not complaining. Also with the rain I could very easily grab an umbrella and go for a nice long walk. I love walking in the rain.

Fairly quiet day again yesterday. Laundry done and I got the last two coats of varnish on the wood for the park bench. Only thing left to do is cut and install the angle iron under the seat slats. Time to reinforce them. I heard the boards crack too many times when people sit on the. I don't want someone hurt if a board should break. That project can then be set aside now until spring when I reassemble it and set it outdoors.

As I was typing the above I discovered where box elders bugs come from. They apparently have mastered the art/science of worm holes. It just appeared on my desk out of nowhere. There were no objects around it where it could have been hiding. Very unusual.

Gas is dropping again. Down to $2.73 except the holdout that stated at $2.59 for the last few weeks.

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by FiatFan - 12-24-2023, 05:11 AM