The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good afternoon folks and Happy New Year!

It is 38 on its way to 41.

Things did not get off to a good start Friday. Work was supposed to be an early day but due the flood cleanup of the project site I got a couple of hours overtime. The rest of the weekend pretty much went as planned. Made trips to the grocery stores, pharmacy, dry cleaners, and gas station. New Years Eve it was just my wife, daughter, and myself. We made it to midnight and were in bed by 12:30. New Years Day I made dinner, and we watched the Philadelphia Mummers Day Parade. The only part of the parade we are interested in is the string bands and the fancy brigades.

I worked on the Ashmore Hotel. I got all the window frames in place. I added the glass pieces to the front wall. Hopefully tonight I get another wall of two done.

My son’s non-profit signed a lease on an office the end of last week to be their community center to provide resources and assistant to the LGBTQA+ and BIPOC community. This is the first such center in our county and dearly needed. Yesterday they were able to officially get in the building and spent the day cleaning. Today with my wife driving the U-Haul truck they went to hotel that is under renovations to pick up some donated furniture. They also are stopping back at our house to begin the process of moving stuff from our house to the new center. My son obtained the grant from the county to pay for the center for this year and some of next year. If you want to find out about the group and what they have done and are doing search for UDTJ on Facebook, Instagram, or the Internet.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 01-02-2024, 12:35 PM