The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Greetings, gang.

18 and cloudy.  Snow supposed to start after lunch.  1-3 inches followed by dropping temperatures and high winds.  Could be really nasty.

Thanks everyone for the info.  The recall is not completed yet as no solution has been found (read - it's too expensive to fix).  Below is a copy and paste from Acura's website:

SUMMARY:

American Honda Motor Co., Inc. (Honda) is recalling certain 2015-20 model year TLX and 2016-20 model year MDX vehicles. Due to a manufacturing defect of the engine crankshaft, the connecting rod bearing can prematurely wear and seize.
SAFETY RISK:

If the connecting rod bearing seizes, the engine can be damaged and run improperly, stall, stop while driving, and/or not start, increasing the risk of a fire, crash or injury.
REMEDY:

Registered owners of all affected vehicles will be contacted by mail and asked to take their vehicle to an authorized Acura dealer, as applicable. The dealer will inspect and, if necessary, repair or replace the engine. Owners who have paid to have these repairs completed at their own expense will be eligible for reimbursement, in accord with the recall reimbursement plan on file with NHTSA. For additional questions, owners may contact American Honda's Customer Support & Campaign Center at 1-888-234-2138.

At this point they apparently don't consider it dangerous as the vehicle can be pulled over even if the engine stops.  My concern is that it could stop in the middle of nowhere leaving me stranded in an empty cornfield in the middle of a snow storm.  I'm just being cautious.

Gas was goofy again yesterday.  ON the way to the gym it was $2.64.  An hour later on the way home it was $2.79

All stay saf.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by FiatFan - 01-18-2024, 11:07 AM