The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning folks

It is 37 with some small showers. High is supposed to be 53.

I had to leave work early yesterday to deal with a problem with the storage yard where my wife’s car was. They would not release the car to the insurance company unless my wife brought them the release form in person and told them it is okay to release the car. My insurance company claims the person and the towing company taking the car could not believe it. They both said a fax or email copy is what is usually done to save the person whose car was stolen further aggravation. It took me a half hour to drive home and fifteen minutes to drive to the place. We were in the office literally less than two minutes which was a good thing. Everybody in the place smoked and the place reeked of cheap cigarettes. Since cigarette smoke is one of my wife’s asthma triggers she almost went into a major asthma attack. Luckily, we got out of there before it started but she still required several puffs on her inhalers.

Today I have to call the rental car company and get the rental set up for her. We didn’t want to start the rental until the car was recovered and on its way to the repair shop. The rest of the weekend will involve trips to the grocery store, the produce store, and perhaps Target. If the glue I ordered does not arrive I will need to run to a hobby store. There will be some house cleaning and laundry.

I cannot finish the Ambassador Hotel until I get more glue. I ordered the glue over a week ago and in that time, it has only traveled from Miami to Orlando. Once I get the glue I can add the fire escapes, water tower, and roof access shack. I plan to clear off the layout so I can the Ambassador Hotel to the layout. Also, this will allow me to run some trains and force me to do more organization of the rolling stock.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 02-23-2024, 06:30 AM