The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good afternoon folks
It is 44 heading up to 52. It may actually turn out to be a pleasant day.

As predicated Saturday was pretty much a wash out. I limited the running to the post office and the produce store. It was nasty driving with many roads nearly half covered in runoff. The rain did stop around 5 PM but everything was soaked. We did some minor things around the house including some laundry and organizing. I have some bins to put away in storage and a couple of empty ones that could be used for trains. Sunday was bright and sunny and on the mild side. My wife and I decided to spend a couple of hours driving around Valley Forge Park. We were pleasantly surprised at the amount of work the National Park Service has done since last fall. They refurbished a number of soldiers’ quarters and clean out numerous dead trees from the manicured areas. They also improved many of the roads and walking trails. After our galivanting through the park we hit PetSmart and the grocery store on the way home.

On the layout I added the abutments to the thru girder bridge and hogged out the foam so the bridge would fit. I cleaned up the mess. I used a few strips of my wife two-sided tape to attach the rails to both bridges. This held the bridges in place so I could place shims under them to make the bridge decks at the proper elevation. Lastly, I ran some test trains across them.

After work I need to run to the pharmacy and grab a couple of things for my wife. Unfortunately, it does not include Mounjaro for my wife. She is currently out of it. We have been trying to get it for eight weeks. It is out of stock everywhere thanks to doctors and celebrities using it off label for weight loss and not diabetes.

Tonight I want to see what tweaking I need to do to the bridges. I ordered a tunnel portal and some retaining walls so I can fill in the gaps between the bridges. The bridges will be in temporary positions until I figure out and make the roadway.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 03-25-2024, 10:51 AM