The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning folks

It is 47 and heading up to 52. And it is raining. That will be the story for the next three days including today. An inch of rain today, and inch of rain tomorrow, and another inch on Wednesday. By the time the rain is done the project site will be a muddy mess.

Unfortunately for me the weekend was dominated by hernia pain. The mornings and afternoons were not bad. The evening, however, was the opposite. The pain would come in waves and at times it got very close to 10. On a few occasions I thought about calling the surgeon and request moving the surgery up on the calendar. I can’t tell you what triggered the pain. I was under close supervision from my wife and daughter and was constantly reprimanded even if I looked at something slightly heavy. We did get out to PetSmart, the post office, and the grocery store.

Easter was nice and quiet. My contribution to dinner was directing my daughter on how to do the dishes I usually make such as the ham and yam casserole. I was allowed to make the casserole but not to carry it to the oven.

My modeling was impacted by the pain. I did receive some items I need for the bridge area. I tested the tunnel portal and determined what needed to be trimmed off. I figured out what I need to complete the base of the roadway and bridges. I also figured I need at least one set of stairs from the sidewalk to the top of cutout section. Therefore, it was back to eBay and Trainworld to order the needed supplies. Since sitting was my main attribute I did work on entering some boxcars into my inventory program.

Today’s plans are to minimize pain and keep dry at work. Not sure what at home waits for me or how much I will be allowed to do. There is laundry that needs to be brought up out of the basement and some that needs to be brought down. If I stand I have some little things I can do around the bridge area.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 04-01-2024, 05:56 AM