The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
(04-07-2024, 09:30 AM)FiatFan Wrote: Greeting, gang.

Friday was rather exciting.  I was riding my bike and getting close to a turn around point when I heard a dog bark. I looked up and 4 German shepherds were very aggressively approaching me (i.e. at a dead run) while barking and snarling at me. I stopped and got off my bike (actually almost fell of) and started backing away while keeping the bike between them and me. After about a hundred yards of walking backwards I finally felt safe enough to get back on the bike. Went directly home and notified the local constabulary. Hopefully they will get animal control involved. These dogs should not have been loose. I'm concerned about what might happen to others. To be clear this was a public bike path and I have ridden it many times in the past. Scared the crap out of me!  Back story. Several years ago I was walking out of a store when a dog bit me without warning or provocation. I spent a week in the hospital recovering not from the bite but from a germ in the dog's mouth.

All stay safe.

Tom

you know a funny fact that in the late 1800's and up till about 1920 that made what were called bicycle guns for that very reason.
Jim

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by jim currie - 04-07-2024, 10:10 AM