The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning folks

It is 46. We are going up to 78’. Another day of coats in the morning, T-shirts in the afternoon.

Yesterday was just a crazy day at work and home. I did not get a chance to respond here. We had a concrete pour that was supposed to be a couple of hours turn into an all day thing. When I got home I had to help my daughter do her taxes. Since the dishwasher has been finally repaired I had to load it up and test it.

I did get to see most of the partial eclipse for us. Here in Philly we had about 90%. We did not have total darkness but it was like a twilight. The temperature did go down 4 degrees. Of course the maximum coverage was at 3:23, cue the heavy clouds at 3:15. I did catch a small glimpse of the maximum coverage. My wife and son in our backyard, 9 miles from me got some great pictures as the clouds broke for them at 3:23.

The weekend did go quite as planned. The dishwasher repairman came to finish the job but couldn’t because he found another part that was leaking. It was a common part but as luck would have it he had a bunch in the shop but none on the truck. He came back yesterday and finished. My wife and daughter went to Daltons Farms in Swedesboro, NJ and picked tulips. Once the repairman left I made my way to the local hobby shop in Claymont, DE. I picked up the foam board I needed and three Athearn blue box wood reefer kits for Heinz. Sunday I had to drop off a couple of Amazon returns; one to Kohl’s , the other UPS. I also stopped at the grocery store and the local Ace Hardware to get potting soil, mulch, and garden soil. I did not touch them with hernia. The store employees loaded my car and my daughter unloaded. My wife then planted our window boxes.

I entered a few cars into my inventory program. The only thing I did get to do on the layout was run a train. It was a 30 car mixed freight pulled by a B&O F7A and F7B by Walthers Proto. I did make a video but I wanted to do more photos but I just couldn't find the time.

Today after work I need to stop and get my blood work done for my hernia surgery next week. I am hoping to get those modeling photos done tonight.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 04-09-2024, 04:33 AM