doctorwayne's 2021 Do Something Challenge - Part 1
Here's some of the stuff on which I'll be working......a couple of Rivarossi 12-1 Pullman cars which were being converted into 8-1-2 cars.  I used some New England Rail Services parts made specifically for these cars, but have run out of parts, so will scratchbuild or improvise to finish them...

I had solicited parts and/or cars from a couple of friends, to aide in this project, as both had contributed a few extra parts that would prove useful to achieve my goals.  Here's one, an Athearn postal/baggage car - I'd already decided to keep it for my own layout, and replace it with something else for the original owner, but I did shorten it...

Here are some Model Die Casting Pullman Palace cars, given to me by another good friend...
....a dining car...

...and a Pullman Sleeper car...

...and an observation car...

I have plans for the first two cars, which I'll reveal later, and am mulling-over what I want to do with the observation car.

Here's some more stuff for my Challenge, four Model Die Casting roofs for their old-time 50' passenger cars...

...I have a few ideas on what I want to do with them, along with these three roofs, from Nickel Plate Products...

I plan to shorten the three roofs above, then scratchbuild three models of the car in this photo...

...one for each of the contributors, and one for myself.

There are a few more cars that I hope to finish, and will add photos of them later.

Wayne

Messages In This Thread
RE: doctorwayne's 2021 Do Something Challenge - Part 1 - by doctorwayne - 04-01-2021, 02:16 AM