doctorwayne's 2021 Do Something Challenge - Part 1
A few more photos of most of the other stuff on my to-do list...

This one was a Rivarossi diner, donated by one of the two friends...

I've removed the sides, and will shorten the car to about 72', then turn it into a wood-sheathed baggage car.  It'll be returned to its owner.

This one is a Rivarossi duplex sleeper, one of two which were cannibalised to create a coach of sorts:  Some years ago, I used the aisle-side wall from this car's body, to replace the duplex side on the other car.  I did, however, keep the duplex side of that car, and have grafted it onto the remainder of this one....

...it's not likely that this car has a prototype, but this will be economy sleeper-class for the masses...the other side of the car is a duplicate of the side shown.

I have plans for these three Rivarossi coaches, too:  all three will become 61' wooden baggage cars (head-end cars are my favourites)....

...but rather than waste the cars' sides, I'm going to use the door and window portions, along with some scribed siding, to replace the sides on two of the MDC Palace cars shown earlier.  I'll also shorten the Palace cars from 80'-ers to the prototypical 70' length of two similar TH&B prototypes.  Here's the MDC Palace cars again...

This one was an experiment done more years ago than I can remember....

...and I'm hoping to repair the lettering issues on the side of the car not shown, as the striping there was messed-up due to the corrugated sides of the car.  If I can put it in a better state, it will be returned to its owner.

That should be the total of what needs to be done...unless something else shows up in the meantime.

Time to get to work.

Wayne

Messages In This Thread
RE: doctorwayne's 2021 Do Something Challenge - Part 1 - by doctorwayne - 04-02-2021, 12:09 AM