doctorwayne's 2021 Do Something Challenge - Part 1
A little more progress to report on the first four cars of my Challenge.  Here's the two identical CNR 8-1-3 cars, this one showing the compartment side (the interior is not yet in-place)...

...while this one displays the aisle side....

...both cars still need window shades and their underbodies painted, and I think I'll also add extensions to the centre-sill, as there's too much daylight showing between the top of the trucks and the bottoms of the cars.

Here's the shortened EG&E postal car...

...it needs a bunch of sill steps, some bars  and shades for the windows, doors for the ends, and some black paint for the roof and the car's ends.

...and finally, the EG&E Duplex sleeper...

It has window shades installed, but I think that I'll add a divider/view-block down the centre of the car, as this car supposedly has a centre aisle, rather than an aisle along one side....viewers shouldn't be able to see the windows on the other side through the windows on the side being viewed.   The car also needs its roof and ends painted black.

I hope to get these four cars done soon.  I'll also be working on the former dining car that was shown in its shortened form...I've decided to modify the car's centre sill by cutting a couple of feet off each end, so that I can move the trucks' mounting-points inboard.  This will allow better truck-swing when I install the sill steps at the car's corners.

Wayne

Messages In This Thread
RE: doctorwayne's 2021 Do Something Challenge - Part 1 - by doctorwayne - 04-07-2021, 11:14 PM