doctorwayne's 2021 Do Something Challenge - Part 1
A few minutes ago, (around 1:00AM) I applied pre-mixed drywall compound to another DPM structure, deliberately overdoing the amount used, in order to show how some areas, which have no need for mortar effects, get mortar effects anyway.

The kit is not painted, but was moulded in two colours.  I applied the mortar to the dark red plastic, while the mortar on the black portion of the front got there by carelessness.  The mortar on the upper portion of the front wall was also applied more generously than was needed...

There's not much detail on the rear of the structure, other than three windows and a door, but I deliberately used too much mud there too, mainly to show how the excess can be fairly easily removed after it has dried...

The two side walls have no detail other than the moulded-in brick pattern, so those sides will be easily clean by rubbing with a clean rag....

I'll let the structure dry overnight, but probably won't get around to cleaning it until  tonight.

Wayne

Messages In This Thread
RE: doctorwayne's 2021 Do Something Challenge - Part 1 - by doctorwayne - 10-05-2021, 11:26 PM