Trestle restoration
Thank you kind sir for these photos, be proud...
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Thank you Charlie and Don.
I finished up the module over the last couple weeks. Starting with painting the Fascia:

It took two coats of black house paint to cover. I like the way it draws your eye to the scenery, as though the Fascia isn't even there.

Then I needed to finish off the river. I glued some logs and deadfall made from trigs and weed stocks. I also added a couple ties that might have fallen in during construction.

I used some two-part epoxy resin for the water. I found both enviro-tex and this product by Craftsmart at Michaels. The Craftsmart was half the price on envirotex so I though I'd give it a try.

And it worked just like the enviro-tex product. It did have a slight smell for about a week as it aired out. I also had to pop a few bubbles with a pin before it cured. It's a bit flat though...

I used Woodland scenics water effects to made waves, ripples and rapids. I had never used it before on a larger body of water. I simply squeezed it out of the bottle in lines and used a paintbrush to make the features.

The water effects dried overnight and then I used some of WS white water to create foam and whitecaps.

The last things I did was add some more deadfall, bushed and stumps. I also added a stack of ties to one of the trestel apporaches. 
Speaking of the stumps:

I was given a bag of these years ago. They are hydrocal castings but I don't know where they came from or who made them, anyone know?

And with that I consider the module pretty much finished. I might add some more details as time goes but now it's sits above my computer dest, waiting for the next free-mo set up.

Attached Files Image(s)

Incredible job!
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
Thanks Tom
Now that the module is finished and I was able to move it to it's home above my computer desk, I was able to wheel the cart out of my workshop  and place the 'Hemsley' Diorama back onto it. 

Then I spent the next day cleaning out the workshop

and the workbench

Now I can walk across the floor withouyt tripping on things and can actually find what I need on the workbench.
After the four month hustle to build the module and repair the trestle. I'm doing a few smaller projects before I tackle the next big one.
The module came out looking phenomenal. I’m glad it seemed to work out pretty well with other modules. The engraved little plaque is really cool. Did you put one on both sides of the finished module? Or just one side?
————————————————————————————
Modeling the East Broad Top as it was between 1937-1942
~Amanda
Thanks. The Plaque is only on the one side. It was considerably more expensive than I thought it was going to be.
This looks very nice!
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
Looks great glen.
Matt
I can smell a steam post ten blocks away and when I do clear the tracks because the steam express will be hi ballin through
http://cambriaindiana.weebly.com/
Simply Thumbsup Cool

Lutz