Wooden machine gun
(01-20-2024, 02:13 PM)TMo Wrote: What jarred me was the close resemblance of the barrel magazine to a turntable!  I almost thought it was a separate project.  After two years of this, I think I see what your family is trying to do to you!

Could be I need to question their motives, I may not realize what it's doing to my mind until it's too late... Crazy Crazy Crazy

A lot of the parts are purely decorative like some of the stuff on the magazine. There's a couple of switches for arm/disarm and full/semi-auto, but it is always armed and always full auto especially since those switches are fake. Icon_e_surprised
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Don as my aunt would say, "You have the patience of a saint," to build that. I would have lost my mind. Great job.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
(01-21-2024, 05:06 PM)tompm Wrote: Don as my aunt would say, "You have the patience of a saint," to build that. I would have lost my mind. Great job.

Ahh yes, that's just what my Irish MIL would have said, thanks Tom, I did enjoy doing it. What I find is that it takes total concentration, so you can push the rest of the world away for a while and that makes doing it worthwhile.

As for doing a video, I shot five bands and ejected four wooden plugs in probably less than 1/2 second (yes, it really works   2285_ ). The max load is 12 rubber bands and they only gave me 10 plugs, so unless I shoot it in high speed, you would get to see about a one-second video. It's a blast, but it takes far longer to load than it does to shoot. Then, of course, is the search for the bands and picking up those plugs afterwards. Waiting
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Woah how did I miss this one. Excellent work as always don. The steam engine and gun are just awesome.
Matt
I can smell a steam post ten blocks away and when I do clear the tracks because the steam express will be hi ballin through
http://cambriaindiana.weebly.com/
(02-15-2024, 03:06 PM)LiveSteamer Wrote: Woah how did I miss this one. Excellent work as always don. The steam engine and gun are just awesome.

Thanks Matt, the nice thing about the gun is that I can buy my ammo at Office Depot. 2285_ Shoot
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
(02-15-2024, 04:52 PM)ezdays Wrote:
(02-15-2024, 03:06 PM)LiveSteamer Wrote: Woah how did I miss this one. Excellent work as always don. The steam engine and gun are just awesome.

Thanks Matt, the nice thing about the gun is that I can buy my ammo at Office Depot. 2285_ Shoot

You're Welcome, that is a good thing.
Matt
I can smell a steam post ten blocks away and when I do clear the tracks because the steam express will be hi ballin through
http://cambriaindiana.weebly.com/
That seems to have come together much better than the steam engine did!
————————————————————————————
Modeling the East Broad Top as it was between 1937-1942
~Amanda
(02-20-2024, 07:38 AM)Amalynn Wrote: That seems to have come together much better than the steam engine did!

Thanks, you're right, the engine was my first and it was a different manufacturer. The gun and other ones that I've been doing, have much tighter tolerances and actually work when they're done.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and