Space
Not space for trains space is in outer space. I'm visiting my step-mom in central Fla. She lives within a few miles of the cape. We can stand out in her yard and watch the rockets take off. Just watched Musk's latest venture take flight. Always amazes me to see those boosters come back down and land back on the launch pad.
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
That's got to be a real blast...... Icon_lol
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Pun intended I'm sure!  Icon_lol
Mike

(02-15-2024, 01:00 PM)Tyson Rayles Wrote: Pun intended I'm sure!  Icon_lol

Who, me????
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Its got to be out of this world  Icon_lol Icon_e_biggrin
Matt
I can smell a steam post ten blocks away and when I do clear the tracks because the steam express will be hi ballin through
http://cambriaindiana.weebly.com/
Icon_rolleyes Misngth
Mike

(02-14-2024, 05:12 PM)Tyson Rayles Wrote: Not space for trains space is in outer space. I'm visiting my step-mom in central Fla. She lives within a few miles of the cape. We can stand out in her yard and watch the rockets take off. Just watched Musk's latest venture take flight. Always amazes me to see those boosters come back down and land back on the launch pad.

Don't believe everything you see. I understand that it's all...uh, staged... 35
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Yep, I should never believe my own lying eyes!  Icon_lol
Mike

(02-14-2024, 05:12 PM)Tyson Rayles Wrote: ... and watch the rockets take off. ... Always amazes me to see those boosters come back down and land back on the launch pad.

Mike,
that is so cool. 
when I see those videos of the boosters touching down, I feel like I'm living in a 1950's Heinlein novel.
(02-17-2024, 08:08 AM)Tyson Rayles Wrote: Yep, I should never believe my own lying eyes!  Icon_lol

It was just a shot in the dark... Awesome
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
We were once told that you shouldn't plan a vacation mainly around a space shot as they are not reliable on their timetables.
If it happens while you're there, then good.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
(02-17-2024, 04:31 PM)ezdays Wrote:
(02-17-2024, 08:08 AM)Tyson Rayles Wrote: Yep, I should never believe my own lying eyes!  Icon_lol

It was just a shot in the dark... Awesome

Better poke yourself in the eyes and use starlight to see  Icon_lol Icon_lol
Matt
I can smell a steam post ten blocks away and when I do clear the tracks because the steam express will be hi ballin through
http://cambriaindiana.weebly.com/
David I'm here anyway, the launches are a bonus. And yes they have postponed several since I got here due to weather mostly.
Mike