The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #X.. Stop In!!!
Greetings, gang.

Clear and 44 this morning outside my window. Supposed to get to the low 70s but unfortunately that warm weather will also be bringing a very good chance for some severe weather late this afternoon and evening with an 80% chance of thunderstorms, hail and possibly a tornado.

Yesterday was a decent day for me. Grocery run in the morning followed by a trip to the gym. After lunch I was on the porch when the neighbor walked over. We had a beverage or two and watched the new neighbors move in. There may or may not have been some humorous comments made. Today looks rather quiet until ate this afternoon when one of the great-grandsons has a track meet. My attendance is still under consideration due to the severe weather outlook.

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Good morning all, temps right now in the mid-60's and feels a bit chilly out, but we will hit the mid-90's though, a bit above normal. The record for today is 105, we're not ready for that yet, but it's coming.

Nothing significant going on this way, today is a free day, nothing on the schedule but a busy week starting tomorrow. A couple of appointments, get my house cleaned and we're going target shooting on Friday. We get there very early and it should not be too hot while we're there.

No "take a survey and win a prize worth $100" emails yet today, but somehow a few of my email addresses wound up on the dark web and there's no taking them back. I'm OK as long as I stick to my rule of not giving money or personal information to anyone I don't know, and for any reason. There's no chance that one of my relatives have been kidnapped or in jail, nor have I won five million dollars in the Publisher's Clearing House sweepstakes. I'm sorry that some folks don't follow that rule and wind up losing their life savings, sometimes it's driven by greed, other times fear but common sense should prevail.

I will now step down from my soapbox, and just say, have a great day, say a few prayers for those getting hit by tornadoes an hope that kind of weather lets up.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Well, it's Spring in the eastern states.....
Temperatures:
Morning 62
Noon 75
Afternoon 80
Night 62

The running gag is Mother nature is throwing out temperatures like Power Ball numbers Smile
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Talked to our neighbour across the street today.  His wife is having heart problems (atrial flutter) and she was in Emerg 3 times over the weekend.  Saturday was very long as they had to wait for a gurney with a heart monitor.  He said the fellow with the nail through his thumb was served faster.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
Well,just lost my post about Grand Canyon! I'll type it again when I have a minute. Great trip!!!
Cid
Greetings, gang.

Sunshine and 70 are the weather words for the day. Had an inch of rain Wed. night into Thursday morning. The rain here was much appreciated. Not so much where my son lives in Houston. He had 6 inches of rain in 6 hours, three of which fell in a one hour period.

Yesterday was a pretty quiet day. I did manage to get in a 9 mile bike ride and then watched one of the great-grandkids' soccer game. He's 5 so it was a lot of fun. This morning is a trip to the gym and late this afternoon I'll be heading to another great-grandson's track meet.

All stay safe.

Tom

Good afternoon folks

It is currently 57 but it feels warmer when the sun ducks from behind the clouds.

This weekend has not gotten off to a stellar start. I came downstairs this morning and knew something was up as no cats greeted me in the second floor hallway. As I came down the steps one cat was slinking across the foyer coming from the dining room and the other two were sitting in the kitchen looking into the dining room. Once I got into the foyer I saw why; the Guinea pig cage had been knocked off its stand and was on its roof on the floor. Luckily our piggies are not good escape artists as I found one hiding in their tunnel still in the upside-down cage. The other my daughter found behind the stand in an extra house. I had to repair the front panel of the cage and replace the bedding before we could put the piggies back. I have also been experiencing some pain related to the hernia that has curtailed some of my walking at work. I sent my blood pressure readings for the past week to the cardiologist, and she was pleased. I need to get some bloodwork done next week and hopefully I will be able to get the hernia surgery done.

The level of discomfort I am experiencing this weekend will determine what gets done. I need to do laundry, but I will not be doing the heavy lifting. We need to run to the grocery store and the produce store. I need to repaint and do some repairs on our raised planter we use for herbs on our front patio. I can also do some of the light house cleaning.

I want to continue running trains. I have a couple of Atlas GP-40 Master Series Silver locomotives to test. I also want to work on the bridge area which means I need to trim down and paint the tunnel portal I am going to use for the roadway tunnel. I may tune up some rolling stock or build a car kit or two.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
Happy Star Wars Day, gang.

May the Fourth Be With You!

Got another inch of rain overnight. 48 now and allegedly going to about 60 by this afternoon. Looks like the rain is finished for a few days.

Routine day yesterday (almost). Swam a half mile and changed to go upstairs to work out. Got to the door to the locker room and decided my back was decidedly uncomfortable. Started to change back to street clothes and managed to catch my foot on my jeans and fell. Big toe on my right foot was rather uncomfortable for the remainder of the day. Then a neighbor stopped by and offered to sell his $1600 moped with 40 miles on it for $1300. I am now the owner of a moped. I need to get a flag (required by law here) and a helmet (not required but since I wear one on my bike it only makes sense). Then went to a track meet in a town about a half hour away (and no I didn't ride the moped).

I get a reprieve from Soccer Saturday. Instead I will be at my computer watching my niece's daughters in a dance competition. Between performances I'll be dong laundry and other Saturday chores. Also need to run to Walmart to get a flag for the moped.

All stay safe.

Tom

Good morning good people, went target shooting yesterday and was very tired by the time we got back and since it's Saturday I was able to sleep in. Here we are after 7:00 and I'd normally be getting back from breakfast on a weekday, so I feel pretty good about that. We go shooting out near Tonopah, about 50 miles west of Phoenix. Hardly anyone else out there during the week, very pleasant and quiet until the F-35's fly by, low and fast. They are all out of Luke AFB, just south of where I live and we have them flying over the house frequently as they approach to land. I don't mind them, they're usually in pairs and I never tire of seeing or hearing them. Luke is a world-wide training base for the F-35 and so there are squadrons from all different countries. Some don't seem to understand that they're not suppose to fly over houses when they make their approach, must be a cultural thing. We have some people complain, but I really don't mind at all, those that do complain just don't know what freedom sounds like.

Saturday, a free day for most working people, just another day for us retirees. Whichever category you are in, I hope you have a great day and a very good weekend. I'm not sure what I'll do, got lots of things to keep me busy so we'll just play it by ear as they say...
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
5/04
Hello Blue
Home from the doctor's office and a stress test. Lowest gas price I saw was $3.35. Most were 3.49. 
Sun and 70 right now.
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)
Good morning everyone and a happy Cinco de Mayo to you all. Today is not the day to go out for tacos or that combo plate at Anita's or the Rio Mirage Cafe. I'm sure that the Rio will have added temporary outdoor seating.... Ola!!!! As for me, I'll eat breakfast out but stay home after that. It's been in the mid-90's, but it's suppose to drop to the low 80's today. Gas has been a bit unstable, I don't see any $3.99, but lots of $4.19 so some stations have gone up while a few have gone down. Costco & Sam's holding steady at $3.86.

That's it for now. Enjoy the day and go easy on the Tequila, powerful stuff. At this point in my life I can no longer celebrate occasions like this, can't even do a Guinness on St. Patty's Day thanks to a radical change in my metabolism. Nope Whatever you do today, do it safely...
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Good morning.

We had a rainy day yesterday and more promised today. It's chilly too. It is a cold 62°.

We haven't heard from Jim lately. I hope he is OK. 

I have had my coffee this morning and I don't celebrate the sinking of the Mayo so my liver is safe. 

Nothing else to report, have a grand week everyone

Charlie
Greeting, gang.

Clear and 53 degrees at the moment but that will be changing. Clouds are supposed to move in and there's a 100% chance of rain overnight tonight with as much as an inch of rain before morning. High for today in the low 70s.

Pretty quiet day yesterday. Bought a safety flag for my new moped yesterday morning and did a few test rides. Definitely need to practice some more before I ride on a regular basis. After watching the F1 race yesterday I went to Walmart for some groceries. This morning I need to get the moped licensed. Also on the list is to get the yard mowed. With all the rain the grass has been growing quite rapidly.

Gas was down to $3.18 yesterday.

All stay safe.

Tom

And a good Monday to you all. Not much going on around here except the usual drive-by shooting and hit-and-runs. Oh yeah, I think we do have a sports team that's playing whatever it is they play. I find it hard to keep up on sports, so I don't.

Temps are in the mid-80's again today, then back to the 90's. We should be pushing 100 by this time next week. As for gas, I guess we bottomed out last week and everyone is going up a few pennies, $4.19 is normal now. There are some stations in Arizona that are under $3.50, but all seem to be in remote areas like Bullhead City and Nogales. Even Flagstaff is running well under Phoenix area prices.

Got to be a boring day if all we have to talk about is the weather and gas prices. So I guess we'll have to find something interesting to do today, I have enough projects to work on, not sure which ones I want to put off more than then others.

Take care my friends and have a great day, no matter how boring it can be, we'll all find something to do that we like...
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Good morning

We have 57° heading for 72.  No rain predicted for today but we have fog. Rain is predicted for every day this week except today. I just got the grass mowed and looking decent but I will lose this week. 

I will probably work on trains today unless it dries out, my list of chores has dwindled to nothing much. 

Prayers for everyone to have a great week and health to all.

Charlie