Howdy folks - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+---- Forum: Get To Know Us (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Thread: Howdy folks (/showthread.php?tid=1)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Re: Howdy folks - cid - 12-14-2008

Personally, if we have a hefty number of transplants from the old forum, I would have no problem with the idea transferring their post counts also. Not for myself, it's just a way of acknowledging their participation and commitment. This forum could reasonably be assumed to be an extension of the other. A "resurrection", like Errol mentioned. Of course, a whole lot of work for the mods, but maybe not so bad a task if it is divided up, and not have to be acomplished all at once. But maybe it's not practical, I would have no way of knowing. (Schultz, "I know notting, I know notting!")

Re: Howdy folks - cid - 12-14-2008

When's the next magazine issue due? Icon_lol Icon_lol Cheers

Re: Howdy folks - shaygetz - 12-14-2008

OK...I made it over, where are the doughnuts?

Re: Howdy folks - Iron Goat - 12-14-2008

Well, by the time I got to "the end of the string" on this thread, I had seen so many familiar names that I feel right at home.... so count me in !!!

Bob/Iron Goat

Re: Howdy folks - MountainMan - 12-14-2008

You guys did a magnificent job setting this up. Worship

Re: Howdy folks - Rory - 12-15-2008

Does anyone still have "the box?"

Re: Howdy folks - Selector - 12-15-2008

Is there room for one more train lover? I have learned of this site thanks to Doc Wayne....thanks, Wayne!

Some of you will recognize me from other places. I enjoy cameraderie on several forums, and am very much still learning. It is nice to see familiar "faces". Goldth I hope to drop in often. Who keeps the roster for coffee making and getting the donuts?

-Crandell

Re: Howdy folks - doctorwayne - 12-15-2008

Wow! Great to see all of you here. Thumbsup Thumbsup

Wayne

Re: Howdy folks - LynnB - 12-15-2008

Darn don't tell me last one through the door has to bring the donuts. Icon_lol

Re: Howdy folks - chessie4155 - 12-15-2008

Howdy yu'all. Glad to be here! recognize several names on here. Just wanted to say hello and thanks for the invite.

Re: Howdy folks - ezdays - 12-15-2008

MountainMan Wrote:You guys did a magnificent job setting this up. Worship

Thank you, we tried to tell you to have faith, I'm glad you did, and it's good seeing you here. We're still working out the rough edges, but things should be running smoothly by our official opening day, this Wednesday.

Rory Wrote:Does anyone still have "the box?"
Yes, Sumpter250 should have the old box, but we've got a new logo and I think we're going to have a new box, and I would hope, a "BIG BLUE" boxcar to send around, HO and N scale both... Thumbsup Thumbsup

Re: Howdy folks - ngauger - 12-15-2008

MountainMan Wrote:You guys did a magnificent job setting this up. Worship
Thank you sir!, That means a LOT coming from you!! Big Grin

I'm glad you made it in here - i woke up this morning and read all the "New registered member" e-mails looking for "you"!!!! Welcome

Now I have one less thing to worry about Goldth

I see you are already posting, Have fun!!!!

See ya later!!!!

Re: Howdy folks - kf4jqd - 12-15-2008

I'm BACK! Thanks for not keeping the Gauge as a "fallen flag"! It got a bail out! Icon_lol I didn't like the new style of the Gauge. It was difficult to navigate around. Shoot

With me in the automotive industry. I've hadn't done much modeling. However, I have been busy at the Little River Railroad Museum in Townsend, Tennessee.

Andy Welcome

Re: Howdy folks - ngauger - 12-15-2008

kf4jqd Wrote:I'm BACK! Thanks for not keeping the Gauge as a "fallen flag"! It got a bail out! Icon_lol I didn't like the new style of the Gauge. It was difficult to navigate around. Shoot

With me in the automotive industry. I've hadn't done much modeling. However, I have been busy at the Little River Railroad Museum in Townsend, Tennessee.

Andy Welcome
Welcome!!! Glad you like the place - Thanks!!

Railroad museums are great!! I volunteered at ours for 11 years Smile Smile

Re: Howdy folks - ausien - 12-15-2008

Well tis good to here from the old gang at the gauge once again, and even better to see a few backwards steps to the good o`ll "Big Blue," Cheers just a little sujestion(winge) ozy for whine... could we... you mods that is.... take a few more steps back to the past. and help to old codgers like me with bad eyes...go back to white background with black text( or am I still computer dumb) and there is a way to do that already?...

its also good to see the drivers in the cab again.... Worship you all did a great job before and I know you`ll all do a great job now....steve