Favorite HO Models - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: Mainline (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: HO Modeling (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Favorite HO Models (/showthread.php?tid=14)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Re: Favorite HO Models - nkp_174 - 12-15-2008

My beloved Nickel Plate hudson with elephant ears. This locomotive needs some work: new lead weights, repowered, and painted...but she is my favorite.
[Image: nkp.jpg]

The Nickel Plate had 8 of these. The first four, the L-1a class, were built by ALCO Brooks...they were nearly the first hudsons...and they were the first production hudsons (the first NYC hudson was a prototype). The first of these, the 170, is sitting in St. Louis and was the only one to receive an ugly Mars light. This model is of the L-1bs, the lima built locomotives. My username, nkp_174, is derived from the first of these. This locomotive will become NKP 176...as my dad has the builders plate off of the 176. This is the only one of mine to currently have illuminated number boards and elephant ears. (btw, Deano and other western modelers...only the NKP's Mars lights were ugly...they look quite nice on western power!)

Re: Favorite HO Models - cnw1961 - 12-15-2008

Great idea to start the Ho forum. My favorite HO engine is my zebra stripes AT&SF Baldwin VO1000.

[Image: 2214-1.jpg]

Re: Favorite HO Models - LynnB - 12-15-2008

Nice engines, unfortunately I'm in the middle of construction so no pics for a bit, although I do have 2 brand new engines I'm sure will be in the running for a favorite.

Re: Favorite HO Models - cn nutbar - 12-15-2008

Hello Everyone---CNR steam locomotives---in my opinion,they're all beauties---here's pacific #5303 rolling through Dunnville on Doctor Wayne's EG&E

[Image: 5303w111.jpg]

Re: Favorite HO Models - cn nutbar - 12-15-2008

Hard to pick a favourite,but #4193 (Beeg Boy) which Doctor Wayne created for me is right up there

[Image: 11a1004.jpg]

Re: Favorite HO Models - Selector - 12-15-2008

Hi, everyone. This is my first image post here...I hope I have it right. Love some of the engines above.

My favourite is now the Y6b by PCM. It is a pulling champ, and I really like the looks. Not only that, but according to the documentation, this particular road number, 2200, was the last mainline steamer for the standard gauge erected in the USA. It was put out to play in the year of my birth, 1952.

[Image: Cs-bestwater.jpg]

Re: Favorite HO Models - shaygetz - 12-15-2008

Nice models and model work, folks.

My favorite models are AHM/Rivarossi steam, especially their big articulateds, of which I have 3 in HO...

[Image: bigboyc.jpg]
4-8-8-4 UP "Big Boy"...

[Image: cabforward2.jpg]
4-8-8-2 Espee "Cab-forward"...

[Image: y6bb.jpg]
2-8-8-2 N&W Y6b "Mallet"...

They also did some work in N scale for Con Cor on their Y6b...

[Image: y6b.jpg]

Re: Favorite HO Models - Trucklover - 12-15-2008

Shaygetz, man that first pic, i swear i thought it was REAL Eek had to take a second look at it, thats impressive!! Thumbsup Thumbsup

Re: Favorite HO Models - Lester Perry - 12-15-2008

Brakie Wrote:Gee whiz that's a hard choice..
But,I gotta go with my Alas RS1.

[Image: 100_1232.jpg]

Well I guess everyone already knows what I am going to say. C&O! can it get any better? Thumbsup oh I almost forgot to post my favorite Loco. Actually there are two first is H8 2-6-6-6

[Image: 100_0266.jpg]

Next would be a K4 big Mike wich is actually a Berkshire but known by big Mike.

[Image: 103117628.jpg]

Re: Favorite HO Models - shaygetz - 12-15-2008

Trucklover Wrote:Shaygetz, man that first pic, i swear i thought it was REAL Eek had to take a second look at it, thats impressive!! Thumbsup Thumbsup

Thanks, Josh...even the cloud cover seemed to be with me that day...

Re: Favorite HO Models - Puddlejumper - 12-15-2008

Dan85 Wrote:Just a simple old SD40-2 that I've detailed and grown quite fond of, even if it doesn't really work for the layout...

[Image: Picture200965crop.jpg]

That is simply one of the best Conrail photos I have ever seen. Thank you for posting it!!!!

Dave

Re: Favorite HO Models - Trucklover - 12-15-2008

Puddlejumper Wrote:That is simply one of the best Conrail photos I have ever seen. Thank you for posting it!!!!

Dave

Dave, i will have to agree with you on that one, Dan did a superb job on it all around, super detailing and weathered perfectly in my opinion Thumbsup Thumbsup

Re: Favorite HO Models - tompm - 12-15-2008

Awesome stuff everyone!

Since steam seems to be the topic of the moment here is one of my. It is an IHC 0-8-0 switcher. This is the first model that I changed the number on.
[Image: Interchange2008_08003a.jpg]

[Image: LNE_Switcher_001a.jpg]

Another is an IHC 2-6-0 Camleback that I converted into a L&NE loco. I know it not prototypical correct but I like it.
[Image: Interchange2008_02002a.jpg]

An while we on Camelbacks here is another:
[Image: scene_001_002a.jpg]

Re: Favorite HO Models - MasonJar - 12-16-2008

One of my favourites - not a great pic, but it gives you an idea.

[Image: image.php?album_id=34&image_id=52]

This railbus will eventually be lettered for my fictional OA&GB Rwy. I have to figure out how to get a decoder into it - already stumped one DCC guru at the club... :?:

Andrew

Re: Favorite HO Models - iis612 - 12-16-2008

Coming soon, I will add pics of my P2K 0-8-0 and a BLI stock car.
Then, once completed, I will add pics of my new mike

Matt