new project - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: Mainline (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: HO Modeling (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: new project (/showthread.php?tid=370)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Re: new project - P5se Camelback - 10-12-2010

So ... before I offer a name ...

... the body of water this structure will span is the Susquehanna River?

... or the Delaware River?

Re: new project - doctorwayne - 10-12-2010

I like Greg's suggestion of Delahanna Draw, although I've changed the spelling slightly. It describes its use on your layout and sounds, to me at least, prototypical.

Wayne

Re: new project - P5se Camelback - 10-12-2010

Ooooooo! Doctor!

"Delahanna" ... a contraction of the two rivers ... and the re-spelling makes all the difference!!!! ...

... it sounds right for the area, too! Very "Pennsyltucky"!

I like it ... Delahanna Draw gets my vote!

Re: new project - e-paw - 10-14-2010

Cheers so far I like that one, it sounds a lot like the name tomustang came up with... just easier to say.

Re: new project - Green_Elite_Cab - 10-14-2010

Well, Now i have a third bridge for you.

This one ACTUALLY looks like the one you're modeling (at least, more so than the Delair). The Upper Hack Bridge is a former DL&W bridge on the Boonton line still used by NJ transit.

[Image: pictures%5C10959%5CP1110799.JPG]

[Image: pictures%5C10959%5Cupperhacklift-1007-d.jpg]

new project - e-paw - 10-19-2010

Work is going slow but moving along. I got most of the horizontal braces in ..And for the first time the west tower stands on it's own.        

Re: new project - mountaingoatgreg - 10-19-2010

That is coming along nicely!!!

Pretty impressive that is can stand up by itself!!
Won't be long know before trains are running through it moving America's Freight!!!

Re: new project - e-paw - 10-19-2010

That would be black diamonds Mountaingoatgreg. Thumbsup

Re: new project - P5se Camelback - 10-20-2010

Right on!

Black Diamonds to Market!

Hordes of Heavenly Hoppers!

Re: new project - AF350 - 10-20-2010

Wow, just looked at this thread from start to finish. Great modeling. Delahanna sounds like a great name for a bridge Cheers

new project - e-paw - 10-24-2010

Started on the cross braces.     After this I have 3 more sets of them to build.

Here is a closeup of the rivet detail.    
when they are installed I hope that they add some needed stability to the towers. They are pretty strong but there is a lot play in the structure.

Re: new project - toptrain - 10-24-2010

E-Paw what is this english locomotive doing here?

Re: new project - e-paw - 10-25-2010

Don't know POP Nope , the only reason that I can think of is It gives the crews of the heavy mikes and mountains assigned to Riegelsville something to laugh at. 357 357 357

new project - e-paw - 10-26-2010

Installed the first set of X-braces. They do stiffed the tower up significantly. They still need the splice plates installed where they meet the horizontal cross members.    

While the glue setsup I went ahead and got the next set for the back in the works..    

new project - e-paw - 11-06-2010

I have completed the Iron work for the East tower of "DH" draw. At this time I'll have to take a break from the bridge for a little while so I can get some work done on the " EOY Challenge ". I still intend to have the mainline complete for Christmas, I may have to hire Gary S' bridge crew, they seem to build bridges in record time.

Here is the top deck of the East tower.    

And a few views of the completed iron work...