new project
I built a 4 track sand + water bridge and just started a steal and concrete coal dock. it started off as an IHC Cheyenne kit that I removed the corrugated siding from it and textured it to look more like concrete.I also enlarged the coal bunker to about 800 tons from 650. I just lightly primed it so I could paint the sub assemblies.123 039.jpg[/attachment]
I know there are only 3 tracks ,that's just the module I use for photos.    
I changed the walkway and stairs ,I thought they looked to toy like.I also resized the coal chutes for 14 foot track centers and opened up the lace work on the steal to give it a more realistic feel.

Attached Files Image(s)

My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
You did a fine job, track work also looks well done.
Lynn

New Adventure <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245">viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245</a><!-- l -->

Great White North
Ontario,Canada
got one more pic (it would only allow me to post 3 ) here you can see the old steal bunker that I used as a frame for the new concrete one. the 4 tracks for loading tenders will run under the main section while a 5th will run by it's self with a pit under it for loading the tower.    
The finished project will have inspection pits, blow down aria, ash pits,and diesel racks.
Thats pretty cool. Thumbsup
I painted the subassemblies and placed them together for a picture. They need some touch ups before I add some details and lighting.

Attached Files Image(s)

I did a little more work to the new coal dock. The roof is a stand in for now, I am thinking about using paper shingles as a substitute for the corrugated steal.
That's a good looking coal facility! Nice work! Thumbsup Thumbsup
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Got to do some more work yesterday.
Added the co. logo ,wired up some interior lights ,started on a water tower to be mounted on the roof for fire suppression, and added the coal chutes.

Here are the lights I mounted them in a reflector that I cut from some thin aluminum. I have to make a trip to the LHS to pick up exterior lights for the loading aria.

Attached Files Image(s)

Doing a great job on that coal bunker!! Keep it up Thumbsup Thumbsup Misngth
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World
Here's the last one, The water tower. It's just strip wood glued over a cardboard tube and stained with thinned paint.    
I still have to add the banding, roof, piping, and frame before i can install it.
I haven't had much time to work (play with) on my Coal dock over the last week or so, but I got the roof started, lighting finished, and the banding on the water tower. My roof warped a little from the glue/water mix that I used to secure the sand paper strips with, so I'll give it a few days to dry out before I tune it up.
It was just too cold in the basement for me to take pictures so I had to take them on my kitchen table where the lighting is less than Ideal.

Attached Files Image(s)

Looking good.
Can't wait to see more.
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.
Some more of the project.    

Attached Files Image(s)

Super cool! Keep up the great work! Thumbsup
Nice work, Steve, and an innovative conversion of that kit, too. Thumbsup Thumbsup

Wayne