new project - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: Mainline (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: HO Modeling (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: new project (/showthread.php?tid=370)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Re: new project - e-paw - 05-14-2009

platform is finished, cross arms are on, and the x-formers are started.        
Is that factory a kit or is it scratch built?

Re: new project - Ralph - 05-14-2009

Well now, that's MUCH better than goal posts! Thumbsup
I say scratchbuilt.
Ralph

Re: new project - Steamtrains - 05-14-2009

Definitely scratchbuilt.....I think... Misngth

Re: new project - doctorwayne - 05-14-2009

Looks more kitbashed to me - I have a similar structure, not currently in use on the layout. Wink There's a cupola-style ventilator on the lower roof, and a larger one (or a cooling tower) on the higher roof. I was going to use mine as part of a creamery. I think that Pola was the original manufacturer. Nice work on the brick detail, Gus. Thumbsup

Wayne

Re: new project - OBJack - 05-15-2009

Worship I apologize for coming in late.. but there is some fantastic builds here e-paw. the coal station and those tanks man, great detail and scratching, and I have been watching those goal posts grow into something else, what are you feeding them? 357

Jack 219

Re: new project - e-paw - 05-17-2009

Did a little more work to the "goal posts'', and started the high voltage shed. Transformers are all done. In the background you can see a pic of the building that I am using for reference. I changed a few things but tried to keep the same feel.

A better view of the same pic.    
By the way I feed them N scale poles Big Grin

Re: new project - Steamtrains - 05-17-2009

Looks great..!! Thumbsup
How did you make the transformers..?

There just some aluminum tubing with music wire for the cooling pipes and the electrical taps. Also some .05 styrene as a band around the top and bottom. I tried to make older looking X-formers as opposed to the ones in the pic. The darker colored one on the prototype is from the early 80's and the other 2 were installed that day (about 2 years ago) after the high voltage shed flooded causing the switch gear to explode and catch fire. We replaced that and built the new -L- shaped rack that brings the 480 volt feed into the switchgear. the old flat rack can be seen leaning against the building. It was a good week for OT.

Re: new project - e-paw - 05-20-2009

The primary side is wired. The insulators and fuses are in but need to be painted. Stepped the other pole and added the conduit that will feed the engine termial. This is taking longer to do in miniature than the real thing.

Re: new project - Ralph - 05-20-2009

That is SO well done! Its going to be one of those detail scenes that people are going to stop and gawk at.

Ralph

Re: new project - e-paw - 06-05-2009

Started to paint and weather the shed, I'll try to do more tomorrow.

Re: new project - viperman - 06-07-2009

wow!

Re: new project - e-paw - 06-07-2009

Almost finished Cheers . I have to let the glue dry before I paint the wire hanging off the X-former rack. Nore can I attach them until It's permanently mounted on the layout. Just a little bit more and it will be complete.

Re: new project - e-paw - 06-07-2009

the rack