new project - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: Mainline (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: HO Modeling (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: new project (/showthread.php?tid=370)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Re: new project - e-paw - 06-09-2009

All finished. Cheers    
And a few test shots to get an idea of placement on the layout.        

Re: new project - e-paw - 06-09-2009

Big Grin

Re: new project - toptrain - 06-10-2009

Hi E-paw : It looks bigger in the photo.
How big, or should I say how many stalls are you plaining for you round house. What size of turntable do you hope to use. The Communeipaw engine facility had two turntables close to each other. The big CNJ and the smaller RDG, B&O. Also the Lehigh Valley went right past them, on their elevated line. Is something like that in the future.
pop

Re: new project - e-paw - 06-10-2009

That there is the Riegelsville (PA) engine terminal. I would like to put 2 turntables up but space and $ will limit me to one 90 or 130 foot table. There will also be one in Catawissa (PA). I just have not decided witch one will get 130 footer. As for the Round House at this point I have enough to make it a 6 stall, I would like to add on a few more stalls once I figure out the placement of the main and table.

new project - e-paw - 08-27-2009

I had to pull this thread out from the ashes of purgatory. I just received my turntable from Trucklover. As soon as I finish the summer challenges it will go in.

Re: new project - tetters - 08-27-2009

Oh! I really like this one!

[Image: file.php?id=2619]

The telephone poles and the wires really give it that extra realism factor. Nice! Thumbsup

EDIT - Sorry I just saw the three transformers and realized this was for electrical power. Anyone wanna make a long distance call? Just hook your phone up to those big wires over there... Icon_twisted

Re: new project - jglfan - 08-28-2009

As nice as the picture looks, it looks even better in person! Very nicely done.

Re: new project - toptrain - 08-28-2009

Steve : You got somethin their kid.
frank

new project - e-paw - 09-08-2009

I came up with a final placement of the TT. I used the template given to you by Walthers to mark out the hole I'll need to cut. Then I cut the foam along the line with a utility knife and then into wedges like a pie. Next I pried out the slices with a Spackle knife until all the sections were removed.    

new project - e-paw - 09-12-2009

I managed to remove the plywood with a Rotozip without to much damage to the foam.

If you ever install one of these tables you must keep in mind that because the automatic reverse on the bridge, there is a spot that the table will not program as a track position. It is marked as "no track" on the underside of the pit. I installed it in a way that the fan tracks in this position will be for static display.

new project - e-paw - 09-12-2009

Here's a few pics to give you an idea of the size of the T.T.

First off is a Bowser K-4.

A pair of Trainmasters can just fit on the bridge.

A 2-8-8-2 can fit comfortably .

new project - e-paw - 11-21-2009

Took a break from the engine terminal for a little wile. After I installed the turntable I found a manufactures defect in the controller and had to return it. I just got the new parts yesterday. So as I waited for that I Put down about 1/3 of the mainline and started on the town of Easton PA. It is reached from a CNJ branch that ties in with the Anna lines main in Allentown, or from a connection with the Bangor and Easton electric railway that ties in with the Anna main in Bath.

This is an overview of one end of town. The hills in the background make it look more like Colorado than Pennsylvania, I'll fix that with some greenery latter. The track plan is all laid out as well as the streets. To the left is a coal dealer, center a machine shop, and right an ice house. There is also an unused siding to the left that I haven't decided what to do with yet.

This is a shot of the other end of town. A team track is in the center. The space to the left of it will be a fright house. The space off to the right is a siding that will get a future industry. Those building in the background will be bashed to form Easton's GERN plant, proud producers of powered flux for the cement and brewing industry.

Two more shots of the GERN plant in the making. It still has a way to go, but that's the general idea that I'm looking for.

In this shot you can see the start of a mountain that will act as a view block, the B+E will have a tunnel portal through it as well.

Here we have another look at the coal dealer and machine shop.

Re: new project - bdw9535 - 11-21-2009

Nicely done, some great looking scratch and kitbashed structures Thumbsup Thumbsup

Bruce