new project - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: Mainline (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: HO Modeling (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: new project (/showthread.php?tid=370)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Re: new project - Gary S - 11-21-2009

WOW!!

I just found this thread, and there is some awesome modeling here. I especially like the transformer/powerpoles. Fantastic work.

new project - e-paw - 11-21-2009

Thanks guys. I just need a case or two of code 83 flex and a few hundred #4's and I can get this aria operating.

new project - e-paw - 01-22-2010

I took a brake from this for the holidays but now I started working on it again. It's just an over view of the engine terminal on the east end of the layout. I still have to add all the fan tracks, inspection pits, diesel racks,etc.There will be a 12 stall round house next to the smaller one(in the works)
    Also I'll add a shop building behind the smaller roundhouse.

new project - e-paw - 01-22-2010

This shot would be from the foot of the main round house looking west at the coal dock.The Delaware river is behind you, The sand house and Mains are to the left of the dock.    

Here is the sand house. I painted the ramp so it would show up better for the pic. I'll install track on it soon,    

The diesel tanks, pump house, and water tower are in the background, The water and sand bridge is to the left and the coal dock is on the right. Behind it is the High voltage shed.    

Re: new project - cn nutbar - 01-23-2010

Steve---How did I miss this thread 35 ---outstanding modelling,very realistic Thumbsup

Re: new project - Steamtrains - 01-23-2010

CN Nutbar.....You weren't paying attention..... Wallbang
E-Paw....That IS some fantastic modeling..!! Thumbsup

new project - e-paw - 01-23-2010

Thanks guys. I picked up some great stuff at a train show today so I'm going to start working on the main round house. I'll add some concrete features that are pretty common to roundhouses in the aria. The Readings roundhouse on there Bethlehem branch and The LNE's in Pen Argyl are two examples of this style that are still standing.

Re: new project - OBJack - 01-24-2010

It looks fantastic e-paw, Thumbsup now that huge benchwork is doing its job and giving those builds you have done a home, we can see your vision taking shape.. it's all coming together very nicely.
The fine modeling and scratchbuilding makes it all very believable. Congratulations.

Re: new project - toptrain - 01-24-2010

E-Paw Cheers I agree, your layout is very nice. I'll be watching U :ugeek:, always.
toptrain.

Re: new project - faraway - 01-24-2010

That is really looking good. I think it is remarkable how you work in parallel on track work and very detailed structures.

Re: new project - Steve - 01-25-2010

Fantastic work.........love all the projects!!! Thumbsup Thumbsup

Re: new project - jglfan - 01-26-2010

That is looking great! Man, I can't wait to see it develop.

new project - e-paw - 01-27-2010

I started the main roundhouse the other day.I got all the parts together and found that I had enough for 9 stalls, I need 3 more so I'll start with this and add the others as I go. It's a Con-Cor/Heljan kit that I'll be bashing so parts are very common.This represents 2 assembled (poorly by outers) kits and some unassembled parts.    

I commandeered the dinning room table for this project because It's too big for my workbench.With the use of a file,hobby knife,screwdriver,and foul language I managed to separate all the glued seams without too much damage to the original kits.Then I lined up and glued the foundation adding weight to insure a good fit without any shifting of the parts.    

While that dried I started on the sidewalls. I'm going to alter them a little, I'll change the thicker columns to look like concrete. I shaved off the bricks at the top of the windows and filled in all the mortar joints with putty, then sanded it smooth.    

new project - e-paw - 01-27-2010

As the putty dries I'll Start to get the inside truss work together.I found that I am one short, hopefully I'll locate another one with the other stalls that I need. If not, I'll try to scratch build something similar.    

Re: new project - Gary S - 01-27-2010

Looking good! And you found a marvelous new use for the socket set too!