The Weather - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Lower Berth (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Thread: The Weather (/showthread.php?tid=3728)

Pages: 1 2 3

Re: The Weather - cn nutbar - 02-02-2011

Hello Everyone---this is what I woke up to this morning but hey,this is the Great White North Popcornbeer

[Image: P1060612.jpg]

Re: The Weather - faraway - 02-02-2011

German news are full of stories about your bad weather conditions. Same is true for upcoming weather down under. I wish you the best and stay save!

Re: The Weather - MountainMan - 02-02-2011

We finally got a little bit of snow and Canadian cold air here in our part of the Rockies! Just two days ago the temperature hit 80 degrees F here! It was ten below zero last night, but back up to 23 at this moment, bright sunshine, and actually quite pleasant outside...as long as we stay out of the shade! Goldth

Re: The Weather - Chuck - 02-02-2011

Just came in from shoveling. With the drifting, I had to shovel through 3 -4 foot drifts along my sidewalks and driveway. On average we hot the 18"+ mark, but the wind drifted the rest. The storm hit mid Michigan pretty hard. Schools are closed today and many are already canceled for tomorrow. Say a prayer for all those who don't have a warm place to go....
Chuck

Re: The Weather - iis612 - 02-02-2011

30" here, with 6-8' drifts. Here is the definition of irony... I spent 3 hours shoveling the driveway, then 4 minutes after I get done my friend shows up with his plow truck...

Matt

Re: The Weather - P5se Camelback - 02-02-2011

I love snow!

... when the show it on TV. Icon_lol

Re: The Weather - scubadude - 02-04-2011

Woke up this morning to another 3 or 4 inches of snow......Went to check on the dive shop yesterday, the ice on the roads was still pretty bad even after 3 days. I noticed a woman coming up from behind me on the left going way too fast.... she got up next to me, started fish-tailing, went 3 lanes across my front end, banged off the opposite curb and came to rest against a tree.....As I slowly pulled passed her, I just thought how lucky the rest of us was that her stupidity didn't take the rest of us out...I don't mind driving on the snow/ice, but I don't want to be around the other morons who just can't seem to slow down...

Oh well, another snow day, back to the RR projects.....

Re: The Weather - yellowlynn - 02-04-2011

This is what I woke up to this morning. The temperature here has been between 10 and 23 for days. This is where my trains are, so it will be a while before I get to them. I have to take Coumadin for blood thinner, so with the thermostat at 76 I wear a heavy jacket even here in the house.

It's a nice big place to play in, but don't envy me when you can't get it warm enough to play in.

Lynn

Re: The Weather - Loblolly Logger - 02-04-2011

Just think . . . Next August when its 100+ and you can cut the humidity with a knife all this will be just a faint memory... 35 Goldth

Re: The Weather - MountainMan - 02-04-2011

P5se Camelback Wrote:I love snow!

... when the show it on TV. Icon_lol

Of course you do...that's why you live in FLORIDA! Icon_lol

Re: The Weather - P5se Camelback - 02-04-2011

82 degrees, 74% humidity, scattered clouds, isolated showers Smile

... none at my house Sad

Re: The Weather - MountainMan - 02-04-2011

P5se Camelback Wrote:

... none at my house Sad

This color is impossible to read.

Re: The Weather - Ralph - 02-04-2011

Well, unless bil changed the font color I can see it just fine with the blue background.
Ralph

Re: The Weather - P5se Camelback - 02-04-2011

P5se Camelback Wrote:
... none at my house Sad

The trick is to change the font colors to dark ones when you "Quote" someone, 'cuz it'll be on a white field ...

Light type on a dark field, dark type on a very light (e.g. white) field enhances readability.
Go for Contrast!

I'm always playing with page layout and type font size and color ...
... I'm frustrated that I must stick with the same type face all the time!
Buttchu works wit whacha gets!

Re: The Weather - WT fan - 02-05-2011

You can mark the invisible text with the curser, it will then be visible.

Wolfgang