View New Posts Link - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: Telegraph Office (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Forum Problems and Requests (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: View New Posts Link (/showthread.php?tid=5340)

Pages: 1 2 3

Re: View New Posts Link - Tyson Rayles - 08-26-2012

Don there is no dropdown menu on IE6. Tell Path if they don't fix it soon a bunch of angry forum members will storm their headquarters (as soon as we figure out where that is Eek Goldth ) and seize their servers until they fix it! Icon_lol

Re: View New Posts Link - ngauger - 08-26-2012

What drop down menu??? I've been using IE7 and now IE8 for so long, I never saw a drop down menu Sad Sad Sad Sad

Re: View New Posts Link - ezdays - 08-26-2012

Tyson Rayles Wrote:Don there is no dropdown menu on IE6. Tell Path if they don't fix it soon a bunch of angry forum members will storm their headquarters (as soon as we figure out where that is Eek Goldth ) and seize their servers until they fix it! Icon_lol
Gee. my first browser was Netscape, (I went to Best Buy and bought a copy :o ) my second was Mozilla and now I use Firefox 99.9999% of the time. I have experimented with Chrome and both have drop-down bookmark menus. I can't defend MS and what they do with IE. If I need IE, Firefox has an extension for that.

Geeze, no drop-down bookmarks, how archaic.... Misngth

Oh yeah Mike, angry letters and emails to whoever is in charge over a phpBB would be more appropriate. Somehow I think they'll be getting a bunch.

Re: View New Posts Link - Tyson Rayles - 08-26-2012

I was refering to "I use IE8 and use the pull down menu on the back button". On IE bookmarks is favorites and it has a drop down menu. Turns out the back button does to, I never thought to look for one there though, go figure. 35

Re: View New Posts Link - ngauger - 08-26-2012

Tyson Rayles Wrote:I was refering to "I use IE8 and use the pull down menu on the back button". On IE bookmarks is favorites and it has a drop down menu. Turns out the back button does to, I never thought to look for one there though, go figure. 35
It's a pull down menu on the Back Button in Mozilla Smile Smile That much - I DO know LOL!!!!!!

Re: View New Posts Link - ezdays - 08-27-2012

Tyson Rayles Wrote:I was refering to "I use IE8 and use the pull down menu on the back button". On IE bookmarks is favorites and it has a drop down menu. Turns out the back button does to, I never thought to look for one there though, go figure. 35

Looks like MS took a lesson or two from Mozilla. 8-) I rarely think about that menu on the back button though, but yeah, it is useful and I'm glad to see that is part of IE now. As far as drop-down menus for IE "favorites", I've got mine enabled and did an import from Firefox, yet nothing shows on my favorite bar, and all the favorites that imported seem to come from my desktop, not my bookmarks. :? I did the same on Chrome and all my bookmarks imported correctly. It doesn't matter though since it's really, really rare for me to use IE.

Re: View New Posts Link - Tyson Rayles - 08-27-2012

MS probably had that menu for a decade before Firefix was invented (which I also use by the way, however it moves much slower than MS. Could be due to the dial-up and may not be noticable on broadband.) but until Path screwed up their software I never needed it or had a reason to look for it.

Tyson Rayles Wrote:MS probably had that menu for a decade before Firefix was invented (which I also use by the way, however it moves much slower than MS. Could be due to the dial-up and may not be noticable on broadband.) but until Path screwed up their software I never needed it or had a reason to look for it.

I've been kind of pulling your strings, I really am not familiar with all the features of IE, all I know is that I have no favorites bar, even though it's enabled. For some reason I've always objected to using IE from the get-go because of what they did to corner the browser market. The fact that it was more subtable to attacks didn't help either.

But, again we're into the whims and fancy of the software companies. All Path did this weekend was update our board software to the latest release. We can thank the good folks at phpBB for making these changes. If Path could change it back the way it was or correct it, he would do so in a heartbeat. The last thing we want to do is to make it more difficult for everyone, and that includes Mikey and myself. I don't like that change anymore than anyone else.

But have heart, we are discussing our options, the easiest option would be if enough users complain to the software company, we will get a quick update to correct this bug and a few others. If not, we are, as I said, discussing our options....

Re: View New Posts Link - tomustang - 08-27-2012

Thought I was stuck in a timewarp!

Re: View New Posts Link - Tyson Rayles - 08-27-2012

Don please tell Path I'm sorry, I misunderstood you and thought that was where the problem was. However you can tell the folks at phpBB :hey: Curse Shoot Wallbang 790_smiley_picking_a_fight
Icon_lol

Tyson Rayles Wrote:Don please tell Path I'm sorry, I misunderstood you and thought that was where the problem was. However you can tell the folks at phpBB :hey: Curse Shoot Wallbang 790_smiley_picking_a_fight
Icon_lol

No problem Mike, I looked over at Path and all I could see was: Wallbang Wallbang Wallbang Wallbang so I decided to go have a beer instead.. Popcornbeer

Re: View New Posts Link - Sumpter250 - 08-28-2012

Tyson Rayles Wrote:MS probably had that menu for a decade before Firefox was invented (which I also use by the way, however it moves much slower than MS. Could be due to the dial-up and may not be noticeable on broadband.) but until Path screwed up their software I never needed it or had a reason to look for it.

Ahh, Fellow "Dial-up connector" Thumbsup Path? I suspect it's more correctly "PhpBB" . Any change is a "pain", and takes some "getting used to". I visit a site that runs on phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group. Posting photos there is cumbersome, archaic, complex, and frustrating, and, I suspect, designed to encourage the use of photo hosting sites like photobucket,etc., rather than direct uploads.
I would also not be surprised to find different incompatibilities with each browser, and browser release date/number.
Firefox was recommended some time back, when "browsing problems" were occurring. I've liked Firefox, ever since.

Being the "old f-olk" that I am, I don't use GPS. I prefer Multiple Application Positioning Systems, ( M A P S ) instead.
I've simply drawn a new "map" for navigating this board - - - - - which will have to be changed with the next "update" Wallbang Icon_lol Icon_twisted Big Grin Wink
"Live Long and Perspire aaaah Prosper"
357 Pete

Re: View New Posts Link - Tyson Rayles - 08-28-2012

For the record my reference to dial-up causing a speed problem was about Firefox versus MS and has nothing to do with this or any other forum. Firefox is veryyyyyyyy slow compared to MS, why I don't know. The problem isn't all that noticable on broadband.

Re: View New Posts Link - tomustang - 09-01-2012

Oh-no, now the Edit button is missing in some of my posts

Re: View New Posts Link - Tyson Rayles - 09-02-2012

Oh crap, same here! Curse Wallbang Shoot It's like there is a time limit or sumthin', a new post you can edit but anything I posted yesterday I can't???????? Nope 790_smiley_picking_a_fight