View New Posts Link
Can we put that link back where it was before? Was much easier to find and get to the latest postings.
Thanks!
Ed
"Friends don't let friends build Timesavers"
FCIN Wrote:Can we put that link back where it was before? Was much easier to find and get to the latest postings.
Thanks!
Oh yes, please put it back in the old place.
Reinhard
I third that motion! Curse
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Well, you're not alone, I fourth the motion but unfortunately, we can't do anything about it right now. Path has updated our software version and along with it comes a few changes and bugs. I don't know if this is a bug or a change, but they did move the "view new posts" so that it is only viewable on the main or Index page. I've already discussed this with Path and it looks like that's the way it is for now.

One thing you can do though, and what I've done, is to copy this link on your bookmark or favorites list and get there that way.
http://www.the-gauge.net/forum/search.ph...d=newposts

I'll let you know if we can do anything about that, or if we have to wait for another update.

Sorry guys, this was a shock to me as well....... Curse
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Ah, nothing like a software upgrade to mess things up! If it ain't broke - don't fix it! Curse

Anyway, appreciate your efforts and your quick response. Maybe they'll fix it after they get enough negative feedback.
Ed
"Friends don't let friends build Timesavers"
You can add my frustration to the mix. Thanks Don for the info though.
Ralph
Yeah, and there are probably a few more things that are now broke that we'll find as we go along. Let's face it, even Microsoft doesn't get Windows update right every time. You get an update and a few days later, another update to the update. Nope

35 35 35 35
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Ok, so I take this Sunday as the day I learned to find the "new post" link at a new position 357
Reinhard
faraway Wrote:Ok, so I take this Sunday as the day I learned to find the "new post" link at a new position 357

Hey, you weren't doin' nuttin anyway.. 357 357 Popcornbeer

Just in case someone can't find it, it appears at the top of the "Board Index" page along with:

Quote: View unanswered posts • View unread posts • View new posts • View active topics
And that's it folks. I really miss where it used to be, but maybe there will be hope.... Icon_lol
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Well I am glad it is not just me, I tried three different browsers, a malware scan and a virus scen.... 35 35 Icon_lol

Yeah for "progress"

I would not mind if the options that were on the homepage were on every page, but I liked the way things were before.
Be Wise Beware Be Safe
"Mountain Goat" Greg

https://www.facebook.com/mountaingoatgreg/
I go to "view active topics" to open BB and have a shortcut direct to the page on my desktop. You could do the same thing with vire new posts, just go there and pull down the file menu and "send" shortcut to the desktop.
Charlie
Charlie B Wrote:I go to "view active topics" to open BB and have a shortcut direct to the page on my desktop. You could do the same thing with vire new posts, just go there and pull down the file menu and "send" shortcut to the desktop.
Charlie
That's another good way, a link on your desktop. Me, I've always had a the link in my bookmark bar and it's my normal way of coming here, directly to "new posts". I'll now have to use it just to navigate back and forth as well. It's an inconvenience at the least, a PITA at best, but I have a feeling we might have to live with it for a while until the folks a phpBB get the idea that they screwed this one up. Wallbang
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Navigating this board now, is the equivalent to:
The sextant is broken, the Radar is down, GPS is dead,and there's a heavy fog, and somebody dropped the leadline over the side when taking the last sounding.
If nothing else, let's go back to the previous release until the bugs get worked out.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
ezdays Wrote:That's another good way, a link on your desktop. Me, I've always had a the link in my bookmark bar and it's my normal way of coming here, directly to "new posts". I'll now have to use it just to navigate back and forth as well. It's an inconvenience at the least, a PITA at best, but I have a feeling we might have to live with it for a while until the folks a phpBB get the idea that they screwed this one up. Wallbang
I use IE8 and use the pull down menu on the back button to get bact to the active topics menu. I've been doing it this way for so long I didn't even know there had been a change. Actually the back button works to return to the active topics unless I make a post. then I use the dropdown menu.

Charlie
Charlie B Wrote:I use IE8 and use the pull down menu on the back button to get bact to the active topics menu. I've been doing it this way for so long I didn't even know there had been a change. Actually the back button works to return to the active topics unless I make a post. then I use the dropdown menu.

Charlie
Yup, I do that all the time. The only time you need to refresh by going to, "view new posts" is when you make a post. Glad you brought that up. Thumbsup

Sumpter250 Wrote:...If nothing else, let's go back to the previous release until the bugs get worked out.
I brought that up to Path, I'm not sure that it wouldn't cause more problems to do that, but that's his call.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and