UP SD40-2's NEW Layout - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: Branchline (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Forum: Layouts (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+--- Thread: UP SD40-2's NEW Layout (/showthread.php?tid=7429)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

RE: UP SD40-2's NEW Layout - UP SD40-2 - 03-14-2020

(03-14-2020, 07:01 AM)FiatFan Wrote: Deano - the test picture showed up just fine for me and the size is fine.  Very nice work.

Tom
Thanks so much Tom! 
Cripes, I was so mad last night, did a 21 pic update, click post, and boom.....NOTHING SHOWED UP, AAARRGGHH!
Well, I am going to do it in 4-5 pic installments, perhaps it was to much to post in one posting. Working on it now

RE: UP SD40-2's NEW Layout - cn nutbar - 03-14-2020

Hi Deano---welcome back,you've been missed.Your test picture looks great---looking forward to lots more.

OK, again, NOTHING IS DONE, but progress has been made.
Starting with the right side of the layout...
[Image: 9HeFwo7.jpg]
[Image: WgOAuzo.jpg]
[Image: yLoGZMf.jpg]
[Image: vBzyB0b.jpg]
Next post, front of the layout.
-Deano

Front looking to the right...
[Image: BEIrRSR.jpg]
Middle area...
[Image: bv4I0yw.jpg]
[Image: 7WH4Ve1.jpg]
And off to the left, we have the Rock Valley RR Museum. I love the RR Museum, it enables me to run ANYTHING on my layout with a clear conscious, LOL!
[Image: MBOqWde.jpg]
Well its not free, ya have to pay to get in  Icon_e_biggrin  (wow, really have to repaint my black boarders, that looks horribly, sheesh! )
[Image: sX6EnFo.jpg]
[Image: puTlkrq.jpg]
[Image: MSUxeAd.jpg]

OK, now looking to the right at the rear of the layout...
[Image: 9UsuTMo.jpg]
Looking to the left...
[Image: 2y7pyoR.jpg]
Oooh, a car show at Famous Daves BBQ today(really Famous Daves is not a Dinner, but man I love the food there)
[Image: e2ViRkq.jpg]
On the left rear corner, the largest industry I have, GERN...
[Image: HP6PtHQ.jpg]
[Image: UL2n5iE.jpg]

And the last part is the left, havent done much scenery there. The only thing I have done scenery wise on the left is an old RR service gravel road the RR mostly uses to fuel engines..
[Image: SyW4f8p.jpg]
[Image: ea9c2SR.jpg]
The rest of the left side will be the railway offices, and the very outer edge of a small town consisting of a store, the courthouse, small park and across the street a house...
[Image: 4VMZrM6.jpg]
Well, thats it for now, hope you enjoyed it. 
-Deano

(03-14-2020, 07:50 AM)cn nutbar Wrote: Hi Deano---welcome back,you've been missed.Your test picture looks great---looking forward to lots more.
Thanks so much nutbar! Icon_e_biggrin 
Been meaning to come back for awhile, but wanted to be sure I was in it for a bit first, you know how it goes. Been at it for about a year solid again, feels good, felt it was time to come back Icon_e_biggrin .

RE: UP SD40-2's NEW Layout - Charlie B - 03-14-2020

It was a very pleasant surprise to log on and see your post.  You have done a great job and it is good to see you posting again. Stick around long enough for me to torment you. Icon_lol
Charlie

(03-14-2020, 09:21 AM)Charlie B Wrote: It was a very pleasant surprise to log on and see your post.  You have done a great job and it is good to see you posting again. Stick around long enough for me to torment you. Icon_lol
Charlie
Thank you Charlie! Icon_e_biggrin
Torment?.....looking forward to it Misngth Icon_lol Applause

RE: UP SD40-2's NEW Layout - ezdays - 03-14-2020

Great to see you again. Yeah, your photos show up just fine, and look great. Applause Applause

RE: UP SD40-2's NEW Layout - doctorwayne - 03-14-2020

WOW!!  Good to see you back, Deano.  Your layout looks great!!

Wayne

RE: UP SD40-2's NEW Layout - UP SD40-2 - 03-15-2020

Thanks Don & Wayne! Icon_e_biggrin
Its great to be back Thumbsup
Life and stuff comes up, so I am always off and on with the Hobby, guess thats just how it is with me, but I have been "on" for about a year now as you can tell from my update pics Icon_e_biggrin . Been meaning to get back here sooner but i wanted to be sure I was going to be in the "on" mode before I came back. Its nice to get going on the layout again, feels good/right. 
I have so much to do, so many ideas. I want to get a good start on all the scenery, then deep dive into each area with all the small details that really make a difference, thus, nothing I have done on it yet is "done", some areas more so then others, but not one area I could call "finished" yet.

I am fortunate that I have saved everything, cost has been very minimal since I have so much to still work with. Sure I have bought some new stuff, but not much. I have been bad though too, I mean I know I needed another engine like a hole in my head, but at Christmas I bought an SD70ACE (DCC), oh man I have wanted one of them for years now Goldth . I have sooo many cars and engines, NO MORE!..... Icon_cool .

Anyways Till next time,
-Deano

RE: UP SD40-2's NEW Layout - ezdays - 03-15-2020

Yeah Deano, I think we all understand that on and off thing. I had everything packed up for about three years while we tried to get settled. We only moved four time in that period. Icon_rolleyes I'm please to be back doing things again to, and we are all glad to see you back.
2285_ 2285_ 2285_

RE: UP SD40-2's NEW Layout - Steve - 03-15-2020

Deano!!!!
Great to see you back and posting. I have done nothing MRR related for a few years now and of course the whole photbucket "thing" kind of killed my threads anyway. I will be checking in to see your progress buddy  Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup

RE: UP SD40-2's NEW Layout - Charlie B - 03-15-2020

(03-15-2020, 12:57 PM)Steve Wrote: Deano!!!!
Great to see you back and posting. I have done nothing MRR related for a few years now and of course the whole photbucket "thing" kind of killed my threads anyway. I will be checking in to see your progress buddy  Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup

Hello to you too Steve, good to see you post. 
Charlie