LS&W box
I spent the last few days working on this off and on..

It started out as an old Varney kit that was started by someone else.    
I re-soldered the body and added some wire grabs. It was nowhere near square Nope .

The details were kind of on the chunky side, so they were replaced from my parts box. The car also got a wooden roof walk from some scrap venire.    

I didn't want to go crazy with under body details, so I just grafted on a center sill that I had laying around. The kit had the mounting pad for the train-line brake on the wrong side of the coupler Nope ,, I decided to leave it alone, just to leave a small quark from the Varney kit. I did grind down the screw heads that hold the body to the frame as they were very visible.    

I gave it a quick spray from a rattle can of black paint and tossed on some decals from Doctor Wayne and Tomustang. Now if the deep freeze ever ends I can give it some weathering Confusedhock: .    
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
Very nice. bil would have been pleased.
Fantastic project
Tom

Model Conrail

PM me to get a hold of me.
SWEET!!! Cheers
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
Nice upgrade to that car, Steve, and a nice lettering job, too. Thumbsup Thumbsup

Wayne
Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
The weather has warmed up enough for me to use the airbrush, so the LS&W box got some weathering. I just gave it some basic rust and grime as this will be a general service car.    
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
Nice job on the weathering.
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Good job! Nice model!
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.