Help me find the make and model of this brass loco.
I got this HO scale loco:
[Image: post-6867-0-79380900-1389033782.jpg]
It is a 2-6-4? tank, but what make?
I first thought Tenshodo, but it differs too much from the ones I have....
Even the origin of the prototype eludes me.
USA? Japan?
The condensation? tubes are confusing me as well....
[Image: post-6867-0-42017000-1389033802.jpg]
I will repair it, and build a new rear truck for it, but I need to know how it should look.
Thanks in advance.
There were very few 2-6-4T loco types outsde the UK. It isn't one of the Stanier designs, nor does it look like an LNER. It might be a London Transport one, though two domes throws things off for many UK locos, I would think. Otherwise I might look toward Australia.
I got answered. It is a Japanese C10!
Made by Toby/KMT, a company I have never heard about before....
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/1967-toby-6-4t-c10-jnr-japanese-ho-293370500">http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/1 ... -293370500</a><!-- m -->
jwb Wrote:There were very few 2-6-4T loco types outsde the UK. It isn't one of the Stanier designs, nor does it look like an LNER. It might be a London Transport one, though two domes throws things off for many UK locos, I would think. Otherwise I might look toward Australia.

Canadian National ran them in Montreal commuter service, as the tank engines were easier to run in reverse. But I think they were 4-6-4T.

Andrew
1st post .........Its a Japanese loco .Tenshodo and others made/still make brass locos of Japanese Railways .Some look very American but others look European depending on where the prototype was made or designed . These locos often crop up as they were imported along with commissioned US brass locos if a US importer though he could sell enough .I think Japanese H0 is a differernt scale slightly to US H0 perhaps due to a different track gauge on the prototype .I am no expert on them and too lazy to Wiki up a result Big Grin .
Martin