Posts: 4,656
Threads: 62
Joined: Dec 2008
Greetings, gang
Clear and cool at 48 degrees this morning. Headed to the mid 60s with similar forecasts for the next week. A nice change from the second wettest September on record.
Yesterday was sports day. A cross country track meet in the morning and a soccer match in the afternoon. The soccer player has had an incredible growth spurt in the last few weeks. He's now about as tall as me. His mom says he is eating everything in sight and complaining there's nothing to eat.
This morning I'll be heading to the cemetery for monthly maintenance. This afternoon will probably find me on the pollution solution vehicle for 17 miles.
Gas was down to $3.83 yesterday afternoon.
All stay safe.
Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains
Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Dinosaur Rider
Posts: 2,028
Threads: 0
Joined: Dec 2008
Sunday 10/4/26
Hello Blue. We have sun this morning. 54 now might tap out at 70. Maybe. My wife came down, got a cup of coffee and went back to bed. She has a sore throat and headache, kinda early in the season for such sickness. Sports day was watching the Buckeyes win. Both of the big Michigan teams lost Again. Did get some Michigan wins from the smaller collages.
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)
Posts: 1,440
Threads: 22
Joined: Jun 2022
My daughter-in-law's water broke at 1 am this morning in Texas. Fortunately, my wife had gone down this weekend to cover the potential for an early arrival while my son Aaron's unit is at the National Training Center down near Death Valley. I'm on my way to TX tomorrow morning to lend a hand with grandchild #2 and the original princess, grandchild #1. Aaron didn't get there in time, but I think his plane has landed.
Mass, housecleaning, cutting grass, walking the dog before an early evening and a 4:15 alarm to start the day tomorrow. Might get to some more weathering tonight, but that'll be all I can devote to railroading until I return. The father-in-law is arriving here tomorrow to watch the dog until we get back. At least I won't be going to work.
Steady mist all day. I had to resort to cutting wet grass in the mist which is not ideal. Didn't get it all done, but I don't think the neighbors will care much.
Posts: 2,720
Threads: 55
Joined: Dec 2008
Good evening folks
The weekend turned out to be a mixed bag for me. Friday night I could sleep. To do something, I worked on converting some Athearn hoppers from McHenry couplers to Kadee #148 couplers until I lost a screw.
Saturday, my wife and I ran errands. We stopped at Kohl’s so she could pick up an order and return some things. Then a trip to Staples to recycle some ink cartridges and get some paper. Then a trip to the LHS to get replacement screws.
Sunday, I was not feeling well for most of the day. My son, my daughter and her boyfriend put out the outdoor Halloween decorations. I had to provide some direction. The photo shows the results. Things will be added right until Halloween night.
Once I had replacement screws, I could finish the coupler conversions. At the LHS I found a PRR calendar and a Bachman Waddle Coal hopper which meant another couple r conversion. I also renumbered the car along with another Waddell Coal hopper. I renumbered a couple of Accurail Lehigh Valley wood reefers. I finally got the train made up and ran it.
Todd congratulations on the grandchild! Hope all goes well.
I hope everybody has a good night.
Posts: 4,656
Threads: 62
Joined: Dec 2008
Greetings, gang.
55 degrees under clear skies this morning in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. Maybe 80 for the high.
Yesterday was yard work day. I cleaned up my first official batch of leaves for the season and hauled them off to the yard waste disposal site. After that the yard was mowed and some resting occurred. Today's activities will include a bike ride of as yet undetermined length and a trip to the grocery store to restock on Powerade. They had a sale for $1 a bottle and ran out. I'm hoping they've restocked by now. Then late this afternoon I'll be heading about 40 minutes west of here for a cross country track meet.
Tom - well done on the decorations.
All stay safe.
Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains
Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Dinosaur Rider