No plain DC version available from dealer
I don't know if I'd agree, since the only people I know who aren't equipping themselves with DCC are a few holdouts who already have large DC layouts that would be expensive to rebuilt into DCC, and very small layouts where DCC isn't necessary.

That said, I don't think they're intentionally trying to push DCC only models. Its more likely that no on wants the non-sound NS GP38, but enough people did want the Conrail GP9.

These days, many of these models are stocked based on preorders and distributor requirements. There is a chance that they might not be able to order just one non-sound unit, and if there were no other requests from other customers, they might not want to stock a model.

Its important to remember these stores are not 100% online, and that they have large store fronts in Brooklyn and Long Island, NY. They're probably stocked to match what their local customers are looking for.

What I think is interesting, is you ordered something from MBklein, but its going to Chicago. Isn't that Store in the Baltimore area?
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]

Messages In This Thread