No plain DC version available from dealer
Brakie Wrote:Maybe it depends on the area?

We have 6 HO clubs within a 30 mile radius of Bucyrus(Oh) and none are DCC.

Last I heard (about 3 months ago) very few uses DCC in the tri-county area that I live in so reported the LHS owner..He doesn't even stock DCC because it doesn't sell.He will order DCC starter sets and decoders but,he doesn't stock any type of decoder I found that kinda odd since sound seems to be more desirable in this area

What started this conversation is I called to see if he had a MRC EMD 645E decoder for my Athearn RTR SW1500 and ended up getting a song and dance on how DCC doesn't sell.

That's probably it. If you only have so many modelers or hobby shops, you won't see that much in the way of DCC if nobody uses it there. Still, I don't think DCC is just some fad being pushed by the magazines.

I think what I've noticed, is that DCC systems in hobby shops don't tend to sell, since usually, you can get a significant savings on the internet. A hobby shop can't compete with ebay for a brand new NCE system. On the other hand, while my hobby shop has never sold out of decoders completely, they do frequently sell out of whichever decoder it is I need that they had the last time I was in there, so it seems like those sell pretty quickly.

Ralph Wrote:Still running DC on my layout!

Ralph (hold out)

You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]

Messages In This Thread