E-paw's Orphan challenge part 2
With the next batch of pics I will consider this challenge finished.
This is more to explain the typical operation day on the branch that is now possible because of the improvements and upgrades that I made during this challenge. Before this challenge this was not possible, so now I am very happy Big Grin

A train of soft coal and coke comes off the CNJ main in Easton and onto Jersey interchange. This crew will soon be out of hours, this interchange is commonly used as a crew chaining point by the Central.

The SH&D will pick this up here and bring it to AT yard to be forwarded east and west as needed. One of the Anna's 2-10-0's normally used as switching power in Allentown's AT yard is todays power for this transfer run. The CNJ's F-3's have been moved out of the way to the loco track to await their new crew. The EMD power will most likely deadhead to either the CNJ's own yard in Allentown or it's roundhouse in Phillipsburg NJ.

Once the branch is clear A CNJ train from Scranton drops off a cut of cars.    

The power and caboose has been cut off and parked on the now clear loco track. It will be used to pull empties back to Mauck Chunk PA (Jim Thorpe) where the 4-8-0's are serviced. The CNJ's 0-6-0, a USRA design, is typical switching power here.    

The 0-6-0 goes to work kicking cars around. There are many street crossings and switches in this town that the crew has to deal with.

My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  

Messages In This Thread