Train vs. truck in Sun City
The BNSF line runs parallel to Grand Ave (US60) for about 50 miles, from just south of Wickenburg to close to downtown Phoenix. I'm not sure which came first, but it's been this way for around 80 years. The rails and the road come closest through Sun City and for about four or five crossings, where there's only room for one or two cars to clear, waiting for a light to change. Drivers frequently think it's OK to wait on the railroad tracks just beyond the gates, and when a train does come, they usually can't go back or forward. 35 35 This happens several times a year. This time, at around 4AM today, a pickup truck got creamed and wound up underneath a tank car. Fortunately, the driver jumped out in time, but that's usually not the case since most of those accidents involved Sun City folk, and if they're like me, they couldn't jump over a snake, never mind out of a car. Icon_lol Anyway, here's a link to the story if you're interested click here. There's one interesting photo of the truck under the tank car. I just wonder how they get it out without lifting the car off of it first. :?
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread