general N scale info wanted
railohio Wrote:
Tyson Rayles Wrote:From here it looks like N scale wins!!!!

Except in the real world. With a spare room, you'll build an O scale switching layout with one engine and two dozen cars. In N scale you'll have two dozen engines and hundreds of cars. Which is cheaper now?
I have a spare room with a N scale layout that when finished will be 26 feet long. It will have 5 lcocs and about 2 dozen cars. N scale still wins! Icon_lol
Having more room because the scale is smaller doesn't mean you have to go out and buy a bunch of extra locos and cars. I would rather have more scenery and a sense of the train coming from someplace and going to someplace. And scenery is the cheapest part of the hobby. If it was O scale you could always add some helixes and more levels so you could have more locos and cars if that was what you wanted. I have freind who has a 9 X 5 Lionel layout with one lower loop and a small yard and a raised loop. He has over 30 locos, 20 passenger cars and over 100 freight cars Eek . He can't keep all those on his layout at one time Nope but that doesn't keep him from continuing to buy more. Size of the room really has nothing to do with anything.
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string

Messages In This Thread