The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!!
KRM Wrote:...I know what you mean Don. Jan 30th will 5 years of retirement for me. When I was working for Cat we shut down from Christmas eve till Jan 2nd. It was nice to have time off that time of year. We went to Florida and would hang out on the beach for 8 years. Fun stuff.

Have a good day gang!

Kev, I've got you beat by a few, and as you know, most days are not like a vacation, but the enjoyment of going to Walmart or any other store or restaurant any time of any day that you choose, is worth it. Want to drive somewhere for a few days? No problem, just be sure you don't have a doctor's appointment those days. Wink

Funny thing, one year we asked our employees to work a few Saturdays to get some extra time over the holidays since they only had Christmas and New Years as paid holidays and we'd take off a whole week plus. They did it, but I can still hear them complaining about it. :o The next year I asked them to work a few ten-hour days to make up the difference and they still didn't like that. They preferred to take either vacation days or no pay at all, rather than work the extra hours, so that's the way it went from then on. I could never figure that one out... Nope
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread