Newbie - District 22 - Downtown L.A. (A table top railway)
alcanman Wrote:Happy New Year Jonte.

Good to see you back on Big Blue and returning to US modelling. You've certainly made a good start with this project, it certainly looks built to last,

and I hope you are able to complete the layout, as you've had a few 'false starts' in the past. Look forward to seeing your progress.

Mal

Thanks, Mal, and a very Happy New Year to you too.

It's built to last alright: as I said earlier, it's a real back breaker and getting heavier. Hopefully won't have to lift it too often, but the handles and the hand hold in the middle are great for man handling it. I'm going to try and keep everything within the bounds of the door so there's nothing to add to the difficulties in manouvering and thus nothing to get knocked off. It's only simple as you can see, but so far I'm very pleased with it.

You're spot on about the false starts, Mal, and this is one reason why I haven't posted until now. Most of the 'thinking' and testing that can dampen one's enthusiasm have been done, and as there's not much track involved, I can soon get things moving, so at least I can have a play if there's not much time for construction. I can then take my time knocking together the few buildings required and hopefully provide some enjoyment in the process.

Thanks for your interest, Mal, and it's good to be back.

Jonte

Messages In This Thread