What made you choose....
I will start...
My particular road is based on a nostalgia for an era/fallen flag that I never knew. Years ago, I worked for CSX. Pere Marquette is a predecessor. I banked at the Pere Marquette credit union.

My particular location is an area that I am infinitely familiar, and fond of (despite the reputation of the area and the hardships brought on in recent decades). Flint, MI is where I grew up (read: survived). I worked on the Saginaw Sub, which Flint is a large portion of.

My particular era (WWII)... It was interesting time period based on world events, and the impact on local industries. It was also an interesting time for the road itself. During that time period the Pere Marquette was owned by C&O. That allows for a large amount of equipment cross overs. During the same time period the area saw alot of other roads working the same line to support the war effort. Which allows for an even larger amount of equipment to cross over. There was a HUGE military presence as GM, AC and GM Truck and Bus were all in the same general area. They all retooled and opened their engineering/design departments to military brass. The location, era and road all lend themselves to a "Big City", Heavy Industry and farm land feel.
Don't follow me, I'm lost too.

Messages In This Thread