First HO Layout Critique
Howdy everyone! After years of putting snap track together on the carpet I am finally in a place to build my first layout! I have been planning, reading, and researching for a while and decided on the following plan:

[Image: image.php?album_id=248&image_id=4612&display=popup]

I apologize for the poor sketch. I do not like using layout design software and this is the best I can do with my limited scanners.

Now for the basics. It is designed as a modern day switcher that can be run as a double track as well. I'm looking at using 1-3 operators, but usually myself. I think I have the room to make up and break down 7-10 car trains using the stub end yard and switch out the various industries. There is a track on the left side of the layout that will go to an eventual upper level. The room is just over 13' x 11.5' and I have labeled all of the turnout sizes and major radii. The benchwork is 2' wide and runs around the walls except for across the entrance where I will be building a fold down section.

But aside from a poor view, I would like to hear from everyone what they think! I am open to suggestions for improvement as well as what people like and do not like.

Thanks!

Messages In This Thread