Weekly Photo Fun 1/3 - 1/9/14
modelsof1900 wrote "Sumpter, thanks! But this too many of honour.
I try to make it 'good' and I need a lot of time in most cases. I'm lucky if I have reached what I hoped. I think also that we all here will reach a better quality than before building the next model and so we all will have our personal success.
In this sense, success and enjoy with a new start of next model!
Thanks again!
"

Bernhard, The model here, is a Model Shipways, New York Pilot Schooner "Phantom". It's 1:96 scale, and close enough to HO scale. It's being built as a gift, and I have a second kit, that will get built for the modules, probably with a detachable "below waterline hull", so it can be displayed "in the water", and also hauled out on the marine railway. For the modules, it will also be built as a "luxury Yacht ", instead of a working schooner.
This is one of the reasons I'm working to improve my skills with scale "ironwork"

here is a "close up" ( well as close as I can get with this camera ) of the ironwork at the mast heads.

We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread