Weekly Photo Fun 1/3 - 1/9/14
modelsof1900 Wrote:Sumpter, I think that there the details will be a bit finer yet than these from me. And I think they are very good! Here are two pictures for comparison. (Details of my depressed center flatcar with a ship propeller as load.)
All wire that I used here is 0.3 mm/0.012' or 1 inch thick in reality. That is already a too heavy material for many small items. In seldom cases I use also wire of 0,008' and 0.010' but only in very seldom cases I bent shackles from 0.10' wire. Too fine and too many attempts for good results! However maybe I will have more success in next time - and before I'm an 80 ager.
The shackles I use for ship rigging, are almost exactly the same size as those in your photos. I use a single strand of "picture hanging wire". I am thinking that I need to modify some tools for the specific purpose of making eyebolts, shackles, and shackle pins, but even then I have to wonder if "smaller" is really possible. :o Wink
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread