WPF 1/24 - 1/30
e-paw Wrote:Was working next to the Lyndhurst NJ train station the other day, so I was able to grab a few shots.

What a difference an hour can make..

I just saw 4213 on the Atlantic City Line, and it has the new "fade" Stripe.

Whats really interesting is your PL42AC... It looks very familiar!

This is the first HO scale PL42AC ever made. It wasn't super fantastic, and I missed the reworked shells that were a little better, now no longer available. However, I bought this kit right before I decided to switch to the 1970, so I haven't gone back and done much with 4023. I might need to adjust the pilots (again), since the original run of these models were horribly flawed, and the coupler pockets weren't the same height on either end of the engine!

[Image: 72110GG1andjunk013.jpg]

Meanwhile, on 8/23/13, I spotted PL42AC 4022 in Harrison yard on the Northeast Corridor. This is where trains terminating in Newark Penn Station layover. Until recently, Newark Penn Station was the last stop until New York Penn Station, and so diesel powered trains could go no further as they could not run under power through the Hudson River tunnels. I don't think these Diesel trains stop at Secaucus Junction, which is now the last stop before the tunnels, since this is more of a transfer station between the Hoboken Division (Ex EL) and the Newark Division (EX PRR, and by extension, ex CNJ)

This train was likely a Raritan Valley Line train laying over. It will make a stop on New York Penn before heading about a mile south to Hunter Interlocking, where it will leave the wire and enter a short section of the former Lehigh Valley, and then onto the former CNJ.

[Image: P8231000.jpg]
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]

Messages In This Thread